You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Receiving Error message when connecting on vPilot

Julian Tally 984861

Julian Tally 984861
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this problem:

Everything was working well until this morning when all of a sudden, when I connect onto Vatsim via vPilot, I get the "Fatal Error" Message and this message popped up from vPilot. I already have the UIautomation.dll installed in my FSX. Now yesterday, I installed a FSX_KPHL scenery yesterday, then un-installed I un-installed then re-installed vPilot and same problem occurs. Can anyone please help? Thanks!

(I have a picture but I don't know how to post pictures on here from my computer)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hard to say what could be the cause of the error when you don't post the error. Feel free to type it if you can't post your picture.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Julian Tally 984861
Posted
Posted

Well, following the "Fatal Error" that crashed my FSX, the error message that caused the Fatal Error was from vPilot and says this:

"Microsoft .Net Framework

(Unhandled exception has occurred in you application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If your click Quit, the application will close immediately.)

Then it has a error code:

(Exception from HRESULT: 0xc000014B)

When I click "Continue" This error message will continue to pop up. When I hit "Quit", my vPilot will exit.

My vPilot update is current. I tried to update or reinstall updated Microsoft .NET framework, but nothing.

Hope this helps.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Julian, what model set(s) do you have loaded?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I think we need to see what the faulting module is.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is. That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

Below is just an example of what you will see.

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: D:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations