You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim Region Change

Tony Koskinen 1200306

Tony Koskinen 1200306
Posted
Posted

Hey there,

I used to be pretty active on vatsim, but due to work I had to step away from it for quite a while.

Just recently I decided to come back to it because some of my mates are controllers in the US on Vatsim.

I used to be a controller in Germany, so my region is Europe (except UK) -> Germany, but due to my inactivity I no longer am.

I'm trying to change my region now to US North America, but so far I can't find any help anywhere, so I thought I'd post here.

People have been redirecting me to this page

https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/regch.php

but when I put in my info and hit the submit button, it just gives me errors:

Region Change

Sorry, we could not approve your request. You do not have 50 hours time at your current Rating.

My Vatsim ID is 1200306. Could anyone please help me out?

Thanks,

Tony Koskinen

Tony Koskinen

S2 Controller | VTBS

CPT Pilot | VATSIM

Sean Fox
Posted
Posted

Hello Tony,

If I were you and you are receiving those errors, perhaps you should open a ticket at Membership, http://membership.vatsim.net/user/. I am sure they would be more than happy to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you in your request.

Good luck, sorry I could not be more helpful.

Sean H. Fox - Supervisor

Nassau FIR / Training Administrator

VATCAR Division

Screenshot_1.png

Removed
Posted
Posted

Not an error. Just what the message said:

Sorry, we could not approve your request. You do not have 50 hours time at your current Rating.

Before a region transfer request can be submitted, a member needs to consolidate their rating by controlling 50 hours with that rating within the division that issued it, as per Transfer and Visiting Controller Global Policy.

Tony Koskinen 1200306
Posted
Posted

Well that blows, because the last time I heard from my division I had to go through the whole training process again.

I would like to start out as a new controller in the US, not get retrained again here just to complete the 50 hours.

Is there anyway of achieving this? Am I allowed to delete my account and re-create another one?

Tony Koskinen

S2 Controller | VTBS

CPT Pilot | VATSIM

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

No don't create a duplicate account (Ref: CoC A(8))

You might contact the regional directors of VATNA and VATEUR to see if they can waive it for you.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

• Board of Governors
Nicola Felini
Posted
Posted

You can E-Mail me at n[dot]felini[at]vatsim[dot]net and I will be happy to discuss the issue with you.

Nicola Felini

Vice President | Conflict Resolution

7JRF7kO.png.c96d82051e6821a105716826766c7bd0.png