You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PLEASE HELP!! Glide slope indicators stopped working

Amnar Hanna 1285057

Amnar Hanna 1285057
Posted
Posted

Hi

I really need help with FSX Acceleration, the glide slope indicators (papi, Vasi, etc) on runways and carrier stopped working, it used to work before but I dont know what happened, The last change I did to the sim is that i installed a texture booster and after that the slope indicators stopped working, could that be the cause?. I deleted the scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg but the problem is still persist.

Please help I feel really bad that I cant land properly on the carrier anymore without a meatball

ROHAN BHATTACHARJEE 127370
Posted
Posted

Is the problem solved?

Amnar Hanna 1285057
Posted
Posted
Is the problem solved?

nope I've been grounded for about three weeks now no flying, no carrier operations no nothing.

any idea?:)

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Amnar,

The scenery you added probably changed or substituted one of the default textures in your main texture folder. The one that is usually changed the most by unknowing designers is "spotlight". Their new texture called "spotlight" replaces the default one. "Spotlight", as it is the one I have seen make the most radical change since it is used globally throughout flightsim for a number of lights, is just a suggestion, it could have been any texture file that was changed.

Simply removing the scenery from your addon list leaves the new texture in place in the main texture folder and does not put the old texture back. If the designer included an "uninstall.exe" file and you used that, the uninstall program actually removes the new texture but again, does not place the old default texture back in.

So, how do you find out which texture the scenery changed? Easy, create a false folder named "FSX" somewhere else on your computer. Install the scenery there and see what files are installed. Look specifically at any texture files that were created and then compare to the same folder in your actual FSX installation and see if they have been changed or deleted.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training