You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A New System

Guy Burton

Guy Burton
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Hopefully I can get some feedback regarding the below proposed system I'm looking towards for later in the year:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K, 3.5GHz, Haswell 8MB

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-DH3 Socket 1150 ATX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 3GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB SATA-3 7200rpm

PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid Tower

I'm not sure about getting a SSD (size??) to put the OS (Win7 64Bit) onto with the HDD for flight sim stuff and anything else.

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the above CPU can be overclocked to 4GHz - I've got no previous experience with overclocking.

Any comments about suitability or other suggestions will be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Guy

Guy

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Your proposed system looks great for running FSX or whatever sim you have.

With the Corsair H199i Liquid Cooler you will be able to overclock your processor to atleast 4.3GHz without any problems. Most modern motherboards allow you to do this via the startup bios screen without any problem, this method is better and more stable then overclocking using a program in Windows.

Their is only one recommendation I would make, is to try and get a SSD for fligthsim, they are alot faster than HDD, and allows for quicker loading of textures etc.

Guy Burton
Posted
Posted

Marcus.

Many thanks for your comments.

Cheers,

Guy

Guy