You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for a dedicated X-Plane Helicopter VA

Jay Davis 1296523

Jay Davis 1296523
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone-

I'm new to VATSIM and online flying. I fly helicopters exclusively on X-Plane 10. I'm looking for a VA that will allow a new pilot to bring his favorite X-Plane aircraft and fly it. I create my own scenarios in X-Plane such as SAR, medevac, tactical insertions and extractions, and cargo ops both from land and ship with the following helicopters:

Sikorsky H-3

Sikorsky UH-60

Sikorsky - 92

Sikorsky - 76

Bell UH-1

EH-145

Is there anyone who knows of a tactical helo squadron or would be willing to help start such a squadron or VA?

Thanks for reading this

James Waltz 910897
Posted
Posted

Jay,

I don't know of any existing x-plane helicopter VA (or any active helicopter VA for any sim). There have been a number of VAs and vSOAs with helicopter activity but all of the ones I know of have disappeared or gone inactive. I tried to join vUSCG since they do a lot of advanced SAR and other special operations, even though they only use MSFS, but I was never able to get in touch with their personnel director (also, looking at the VATSIM stats, they don't seem to be very active any more).

If you're thinking about starting your own organization, I would certainly be interested in taking part. Just keep in mind that certain operations like SAR are reserved for vSOA groups that are officially approved by VATSIM (not sure what all the rules and requirements are, but I gather that it's not as easy as just starting up a VA).

-James

James Waltz

Denver ARTCC - C1

Vector Airlines - VEC505

VATSIM - P1

ZLA Pilot Cert V-01

• 2 years later...
Daniele Trozzi 1363981
Posted
Posted

If you are still organizing these kind of simulated flying sessions, I'd be very interested.

let me know.