You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-plane 10.30 Beta, Linux 32 bit, Xsquawkbox, CTD

Mike Burns 1234106

Mike Burns 1234106
Posted
Posted

My new system: Unbuntu 14.04 LTS 32 bit, Nvidia, Xsaitekpanels, XSquawkbox 1.0.6 (emphasis on 32 bit Linux).

X-plane 10.25 runs fine. I can contact ATC and talk. Good frame rates. No problem.

Same set up but change to X-plane 10.30b7 and most every click to the menu results in a crash to desktop (CTD). If the XSquawkbox plugin is removed, then X-plane 10.30 Beta runs fine on Linux 32 bit.

From the testing done so far it seems to me that my system set up is basically solid. There seems to be some interaction between the XSB plugin and the X-plane Beta.

I originally created a thread in the XSquawkbox section. No replies as of yet.

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=65499

Is there any body out there that has been able to get X-plane 10.30 Beta to work under Linux? If so, how did you do it? Any tips/tricks/recommendations?

FWIIW, my experience with X-plane 10.30 under Win7 64 bit has been great. The new GPS is very nice.

Note, this is not a 32 bit verses 64 bit Linux question. I'm happy to get the 32 bit version working.

Thank-you for your help.