You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pilot to Pilot Communication

Pete Stephans 1218894

Pete Stephans 1218894
Posted
Posted

Guys,

I fly on Vatsim a lot with my brother, usually VFR, and need to know how we can have voice communication. Can you just pick a unused frequency and talk back and forth? Do you need something like TeamSpeak?

Thanks!!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the easiest way would definitely be via teamspeak. but if you want to use the pilot client, all depends on the client you are using. both squawkbox and FSINN let you create a private voice frequency. vpilot does not, not sure about xsquawkbox for xplane

Pete Stephans 1218894
Posted
Posted

I think I'm going to go with TeamSpeak. Is there a charge for this? There would never be more than 2 people using it.

Thanks!!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

don't think so. there are plenty of free teamspeak servers available

your own private server would cost, don't remember what the rates are, but its listed on the teamspeak site. I wouldn't recommend getting a private server if its just for you two. if It was for like a VA then I would, but just for you two flying around, use any of the free ones, there are a few that are flightsim related

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Speaking of free alternatives to licensing a private TeamSpeak server, there's also Mumble.

Pete Stephans 1218894
Posted
Posted

Guys,

I have installed TeamSpeak Client, found a free server, works perfectly!

Thanks!!