Hi

I've noticed the distance tool isn't working properly in version 3.2. On previous versions you would be able to type .distance [FIX] and then select an aircraft callsign on frequency and it would display and range and bearing. Now it no longer displays a range and bearing and you cannot get rid of the range and bearing lines on the screen.

Thanks

Callum

The range/bearing lines at the top of the screen are no longer present in 3.2. Instead the information is only shown on the line itself. In your example the information would be displayed next to the aircraft end of the line.

To remove the line, right-click on it. Left-clicking on a line will remove it and restart the command with an element already selected (".distance [FIX]" would appear in the command line, allowing you to select another aircraft to see its distance/bearing from the same fix).

OK thanks, I used to use the bearing values at the top of the screen as a D/F in a non-radar environment.

I did that as well. The line now begins/ends at the aircraft even with C Mode correlation (aircraft not correlated). I think, in that case, the line should radiate from the fix to the edge of the screen and the distance should be suppressed (show only the bearing).

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 3 weeks later...

When you select an AC from the voice list it is identified by the callsign only. That case ES looks for the flight plan based on callsign and shows the distance to the flight plan track. If correlated, then to the actual position, if uncorrelated then to the last calculated position.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...