You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VAT-SPY Won't Launch

Rob Haynes 1127515

Rob Haynes 1127515
Posted
Posted

I am having a problem with VAT-SPY that is driving me insane. It simply won't launch! Every time I try to launch VATSPY the program never opens. When I right-click to run as administrator I get the little blue circle next to the pointer, but nothing happens after that.

I have uninstalled through the control panel, deleted the VAT-SPY folder from the Appdata/roaming folder and done a fresh install with a brand new download from the website and still have the same problem.

I posted about this on the VAT-SPY support forum and received no help. Any ideas here?

I had it installed a year or so ago before doing a clean FSX reinstall and it worked perfectly back then.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

ROHAN BHATTACHARJEE 127370
Posted
Posted

Rob, Is it solved? I am having the same problem!!

Rob Haynes 1127515
Posted
Posted

Still not solved.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I have no idea what might cause that. Without any sort of error message, there's not much I can do.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Rob Haynes 1127515
Posted
Posted
I'm afraid I have no idea what might cause that. Without any sort of error message, there's not much I can do.

Thanks for the response Ross. Is there any files I should check to make sure were or weren't installed? Are there any images of the un-install and install details I can show you?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the response Ross. Is there any files I should check to make sure were or weren't installed? Are there any images of the un-install and install details I can show you?

If there were no errors reported during the install, then it's probably not an installation issue. You can click the "show details" button on the last page of the installer and see if there is anything suspect in there, but again, if there was an error, it would show as a popup during installation.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC