Tapatalk for VATSIM Forums

Steven Brown

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's just me or if this is even the right place to post, but Tapatalk for the VATSIM Forums isn't working correctly.

It used to work for some time but now every time I try to use it, it says I have exceeded the number of login attempts even though it was my first and I can log into the computer no worries. I use my full user name - ie. Steven Brown 1049506 to log in as this is the way to do it on there...

Thoughts?

Steven Brown

Director of Events & Communications, VATPAC - VATSIM Australia-Pacific

I've always found tapatalk to be a pain with forum software, especially phpBB. I've never found it to be particularly stable... it seems to break more often than it works. For example, on the UK forum it started redirecting people on IE to advertisement sites and got us flagged on search engines - since then we haven't used it.

I'm a bit grouchy about this, but I have an issue with anything 3rd party that demands so much regular attention, especially given that smartphones are good enough these days that their browsers can easily handle a forum anyway (and many forums have mobile skins).

Is tapatalk really worth it?

Tapatalk is also terrible in supporting their product. We eventually removed it as an approved mod (on a different OS forum software) because the community was having trouble installing the mod and tapatalk wasn't pushing updates or offering support.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor