You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vATIS Doens't Update EuroScope ATIS Information

Michael Shamash 1281144

Michael Shamash 1281144
Posted
Posted

Hey!

Just downloaded vATIS and love it so far, except, in EuroScope, it doesn't update the letter near the METAR when a new ATIS is out. I've tried refreshing it, logging out/in, etc.. but nothing

Let me know if this is a known bug because once this is figured out, we will use vATIS throughout the entire Toronto FIR on VATSIM for ATISs!

Thanks

Mike

Michael Shamash

Toronto FIR Webmaster

-------------------------

Toronto Flight Information Region

[email protected] | http://www.czyz.ca

Like us or Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike,

Are you referring to the ATIS letter inside of Euroscope? vATIS isn't built to feed Euroscope with the current ATIS letter. You can view the current ATIS letter by opening the vATIS client.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike,

Are you referring to the ATIS letter in the vATIS application or the ATIS information in the Euroscope application itself (if such element exists). If the latter, vATIS will not push that information to Euroscope (or any other radar client for that matter). You will need to look at vATIS for the current ATIS letter.

However, please correct me if my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption is wrong.

EDIT: Colin beat me to it.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Michael Shamash 1281144
Posted
Posted

Ok. Thanks for writing back so quick.

So it seems that it will not 'inject' the current ATIS letter into the ES client, I understand.

The ATIS letter in vATIS is always the correct one.

So how would my fellow controllers online know which ATIS is current other than reading it or loading up the current audio on frequency?

Mike

Michael Shamash

Toronto FIR Webmaster

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Does Euroscope's built in ATIS generator make the current ATIS code readily available to other controllers?

Anyhow, with vATIS they could request the text ATIS of the vATIS connection or you would need to advise them when it is updated.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Michael Shamash 1281144
Posted
Posted

I see, so in this sense it is more 'manual labor' than what's built into ES for us already.

Perhaps consider making an 'ATIS viewer" software which just runs in the background of all the controllers' computers when then control so it check for a new ATIS and if there is one, alerts them, not like now where it just alerts whoever has the ATIS up.

EDIT: And yes, ES does update all controllers' screens with the letter.

Michael Shamash

Toronto FIR Webmaster

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

In the US, I've been intentionally NOT keeping VRC aligned with vATIS. In other words, I haven't been "also" publishing (even text only) an ATIS on VRC. This helps force more people to actually tune to the frequency and ACTUALLY GET the ATIS (as opposed to "cheating")....

When people check in without the ATIS and I ask them if they have it, and they say no, I've been saying, "Roger, ATIS available on 1xx.xxx; let me know when you've got it." I wonder if we could get better pilot behavior in terms of checking ATIS before checking in if most folks did that....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted
In the US, I've been intentionally NOT keeping VRC aligned with vATIS. In other words, I haven't been "also" publishing (even text only) an ATIS on VRC. This helps force more people to actually tune to the frequency and ACTUALLY GET the ATIS (as opposed to "cheating")....

When people check in without the ATIS and I ask them if they have it, and they say no, I've been saying, "Roger, ATIS available on 1xx.xxx; let me know when you've got it." I wonder if we could get better pilot behavior in terms of checking ATIS before checking in if most folks did that....

Could also do this number lol!

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC