Majestic Dash 8-Q400

Uh.... I just checked the vRoute Fuel page and the vRoute Export page. It is listed on both pages as "De Havilland Dash 8 Q400 (Majestic)"

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Hi Jos,

As Bradly and Randy says, the Majestic Dash-8, is already supported in vroute.

If you are using the standard version, you may get some restrictions however, it should be there.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor
VATSIM Membership Manager, Asia/Pacific Region

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Jos,

I see what you are talking about now. If you go to the Export page, there is a spot to enter the Majestic Dash8 Q400, but when you click the "arrow" key next to download flightplan there is no Majestic Dash8-Q400 listed in the export format selections.

I reread the manual section on the FMS/MCDU and saw where you could store a flightplan, but did not see a way to import one, or even what the flightplan format was.

This might be one for the Majestic Forums. I browsed there for a bit, but their in their search function entering "import flightplan" gave me no hits. There, or maybe the AVSIM Unofficial Majestic Forum.

Sorry

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Randy,

I have had contact with Majestic Software support.

They wrote the following:

Hello Jos

You are welcome

So the question is that vRoute need to support the export of the flight

plan to our Q400, is it ?

If so, they need to contact us in order to obtain the FMS flight plan

data structures

With best regards,

Oleksiy Frolov

Majestic Software Support

Randy, can you do this?

Randy, can you do this

No sir, sorry. I'm just a vRoute User, not a member of the staff. Michal keeps pretty close tabs on this forum. Surprised he hasn't popped in. Give it time and he or a member of the vRoute team will jump in.

Sounds like Majestic is more than willing to provide the data format. Just need to get vRoute and Majestic in touch with each other.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

hi,

I've already received the Q400 file format specs from Majestic. They're pretty complex in comparison to other files, but definitely can be generated from vroute. Not sure if I'll have enough time to implement them.

Michal

vroute.net founder

• 1 year later...