You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No automatic flight plan filing on vPilot connection

Ben Lim

Ben Lim
Posted
Posted

I have filed a flight plan on the vatsim website using their web form.

It was my impression the flight plan would be filed automatically on vatsim when I connect with a client?

This does not happen and I have to manually file the plan again.

Thank you.

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, as long as you connect with the exact same callsign, it will be there. There is a time limit, not sure what it is ... an hour or two.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ben Lim
Posted
Posted

Ah, there may be a discrepancy with my callsign.. okay will try again.

Thank you Ross.

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Prefiled flight plans are retained for two hours.

Also, a couple of other thoughts on the prefile system:

1. Both the Route and Remarks field must be one line/string. Carriage returns are not allowed.

2. The maximum number of characters allowed in your flight plan for it to be accepted is 768.

We've seen instances in the past where people try to "format" their remarks by having each remark field on a separate line, or sometimes copy data in from another program that inserts a carriage return/line feed, and some cases where people put LOTS of stuff in their remarks, thus exceeding the character limit (and some cases both!).

Can you ensure your Route and Remarks fields are each one line with no CR/LF, and ensure your whole flight plan is less than 768 characters.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 4 weeks later...
Mike Barnett 1227653
Posted
Posted

I,m curious as to why creating the flight plan with fsx doesn't carry over to the flight plan for vpilot like fsinn did?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz Lynnfield 45nm Technology

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 401MHz

ASRock P55 Pro/USB3

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series

FSX Deluxe sp1 & sp2

Rex+overdrive sp1 & sp2

Vatsim

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I could never get FSINN to work, so I don't know how the interaction between FSX and FSINN worked.

From the FSINN docomeentation, however:

Stored flight plan: this contains your flight plans that you previously saved.

FSInn can read flight plans in SB2 or SB3 format. FSInn saves flight plans in the SB3 format.

And from the vPilot docomeentation:

Press the Load or Save button to load or save a flight plan in either vPilot or SquawkBox format.

So logically from the docomeentation, FSINN loads from the SB format, and so does vPilot.

Your post seems to indicate that you could somehow port flight plans from FSX to FSINN? Seems like that may be an undocomeented feature. Can you tell me how it worked?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

I can tell you When you use the FSX Flight Planner to open a flight plan in FSX and then connect to VATSIM using FSINN, FSINN would automatically display the information from your FSX flight plan in its flight planner. FSInn could "read" the flight plan that was in FSX.