You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching problems

Werner Rafteseth

Werner Rafteseth
Posted
Posted

Hello! I've been using vPilot since it's release, and I've been loving the model matching. It's been so much better than any other pilot clients. After a update though (not the last one, but the one before), my IVAO model matching stopped working. There are no error messages, everything seems to be working with the matching itself, but the aircrafts doesn't show in sim. The aircraft is invisible, I only see the lights on the wings and tail, as well as the red text above the aircraft (this also confirms that it is an IVAO model which (should) have been loaded.

I've tried to reinstall the package, reinstalled vPilot, as well as running the VMRGenerator. None of this works. I ended up reformatting my computer, and redownloading everything in case I had faulty installers, but still no luck. The default FSX models does work. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Kind regards

Werner

Werner Rafteseth
VATSIM Senior Controller C3
VATSIM Membership Manager
Americas Region

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Verney

This tends to be one of two issues. The first is to un tick aircraft ground shadows. The other is to ensure highmemfix=1 is in your fsx.cfg

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Werner Rafteseth
Posted
Posted

Norman, thanks so much for your quick reply and help. The "Aircraft cast shadow on ground" was the problem, with it turned on, the AI aircraft doesn't show, but when off everything works perfectly.

Werner Rafteseth
VATSIM Senior Controller C3
VATSIM Membership Manager
Americas Region