You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Flight controls problem.

Jay Oakley 1299775

Jay Oakley 1299775
Posted
Posted

I seem to have an issue with my flight controls problem, the issue is that the controls are some times really stiff meaning that it's hard for me to operate the aircraft efficiently during landing, and sometimes the controls are just great and normal.

Any solutions?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I really apologize for even suggesting this, and certainly mean no disrespect against your airmanship, but because I can't think of anything else at the moment -- AND BECAUSE (embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ingly) I'VE DONE IT MYSELF! -- when you're experiencing undesired stiffness, verfiy you have disconnected your autopilot....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Daniel Gomes
Posted
Posted
....AND BECAUSE (embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ingly) I'VE DONE IT MYSELF! -- when you're experiencing undesired stiffness, verfiy you have disconnected your autopilot....

Then, I'm not alone on this one!

Great to hear!

Cheers,

Daniel Gomes

Jay Oakley 1299775
Posted
Posted

Yeah I've disconnected autopilot, do I need to disconnect the button below autopilot aswell?

Plus it's not stiff, it's like kind of delayed, I steer down and it'll steer down really slowly and it won't past I'd say 5 degrees downwards nor upwards. Sure it couldn't be the autopilot but I'll try again today, I hope not

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

Are you referring specifically to elevator response and not aileron? (From your last post it sounds as if this might be the case.)

Jay Oakley 1299775
Posted
Posted

It's both, the response is a bit delayed or 'slow' on it. Lets say I pull the joystick all the way to the right, it'll take around 2 seconds for the yoke in game to follow that but then it won't bank all the way. Like I did a flight today and the controls were all fine, but then sometimes it isnt. No idea why.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

When I first started flying it, i didn't pay attention what the black and yellow knobs at the fwd pedestal area were, while adjusting wxr, i twisted them and ended up having an unbelievable flight, I barely managed to land the acft. They are autoflight controls, but twisting them didn't help with regular flying too. Any chance you did the same?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1