You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NOTAM Not Speaking Correctly

Jason Puder 1100701

Jason Puder 1100701
Posted
Posted

Hey Justin,

There seems to be a problem with the TTS when using "09L." Specifically, the facility I'm using is KDTW and in the NOTAMs section I have "RWY 09L CLSD."

The voice is clipping and sort of saying "Runway zero nin- closed." I haven't been able to test it with a different facility yet to see if it is just here or with vATIS in general, but can do so and will update if anything happens. I have version 1.0.7166.38666

Thanks for making a great program! I really missed being able to have an ATIS when using vSTARS and now I can do so again!

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

In the meantime, you could try using the more widely used/accepted version "9L" (the leading zero is not spoken in the US at least).

Jason Puder 1100701
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bradley, that does work. May or may not be worth investigating for non-US use though.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Looks like vATIS automatically strips a the leading "0" when speaking runways... but only if the runways were a) selected in the arriving/departing list, or b) referenced on the "Departure/Arrival" tab. On the NOTAMs tab, however, it is indeed parsing the runway text reference incorrect.

This test clip, for example, shows the difference; the "09L" reference in the departure/arrival section worked, but the "03R" wasn't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]d as a runway identifier from the sound of it.