You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[18th OCT '14 - 1600L] - British Airways Virtual KMCO Flyout

Lee James

Lee James
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this - Moderators please feel free to move the posting if required. Have posted in the VATUSA forum but with little success

On Saturday 18th October 2014, with departures from 4pm local time, some 40 British Airways Virtual pilots will be departing from Orlando, Florida (KMCO) back to London Gatwick (EGKK) as part of our 17th OVERNIGHTER Fly-in event. We will be simulating the BA2034 service back to Gatwick and to add to the challenge, some of the pilots will be diverted into either Heathrow or Manchester, once they arrive into UK airspace, by the VATSIM UK Controllers. Ofcourse, no one will know who will get diverted!

This is a real time, long haul, over night event for us and to this end, we would really appreciate some local Air Traffic Control cover from you wonderful chaps in Florida.

Departures are scheduled in five minute intervals from 20:00 to 23:00z (4pm to 7 pm local time in Florida) and we have set up a slot list for the pilots, which will be forwarded to you by email (supply me with a name and email address of someone I can send the details to) 24 hours before the event begins. Note that this list is a guide only, to provide some sort of structure and management for the pilots and the event - but ALL movements are at the sole discretion of the Controllers on the day.

If an email is provided, a final list of callsigns, slot timings and aircraft types will be provided to you 24 hours before the event begins.

We love flying in the US and usually you chaps always do us proud - so we would appreciate any ATC cover you can provide locally over Orlando and regionally over Southern Florida on the day.

I have had a message in the VATUSA forum for a while now and contacted people recommeded by VATUSA by email about the event, but have received no response up to this point so I'm posting here in the hope that we get some ATC cover on the day.

My thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Lee James

Senior Captain

& Events Manager

British Airways Virtual

Lee James

Senior Captain

British Airways Virtual

Pilot of

SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)