You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Houston ARTCC

Dave Hodges

Dave Hodges
Posted
Posted

Roughly two years ago, I provided accurate and honest (though admittedly direct) feedback regarding the Houston ARTCC, and despite initial (though understandable) blowback I did not back down because I understand every facet of VATSIM ARTCC management including leading volunteers.

Over the past two years, I have witnessed an INCREDIBLE effort on the part of the Houston ARTCC, particularly the leadership, and quality of the individual controllers. Everyone involved surp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the any effort I would have expected to turn around the ARTCC and create a first cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] organization on the network. Hats off, and BRAVO ZULU to the entire organization. I also wish to acknowledge how often the ARTCC, particularly CENTER, is online.

If you have the opportunity to fly the Houston ARTCC, please do so.

An OUTSTANDING turnaround, and INCREDIBLE EFFORT, and OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP.

Dave Hodges

USN, Retired

Just another VATSIM Pilot

OVPA%20Forum%20Signature%20BETA%20TEAM%20Small%20-%20Dave.jpg

Brighton McMinn
Posted
Posted

Dave, as a long time member of ZHU, I thank you for your kind words. ZHU has had some great leaders over the past few years including Kevin Copeland, Sean Fox, Michael Hendon, and Chris Stacy. These guys, along with the fantastic controllers and students that make up ZHU, have changed not only Houston, but VATUSA and VATSIM as well. Great work Houston!

Brighton McMinn

Air Traffic Manager

Fort Worth ARTCC

VATSIM Supervisor - Team 1

Sean Fox
Posted
Posted

Hi Dave,

Those words were indeed encouraging, on behalf of Chris Stacy, ATM myself and others like Kevin, Micheal and more in particular Brighton, who joined the Houston ARTCC the same time as I did, we would all like to say thank you for your kind and encouraging words! It is only through the joint efforts of everyone here that it has been possible and I do mean everyone.

Sean H. Fox - Supervisor

Nassau FIR / Training Administrator

VATCAR Division

Screenshot_1.png