You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Norway ATC Vatsim?

Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson
Posted
Posted

Hi

I haven't used VatSim yet and would like to start. I'm really unsure if my mic is good enough as any tests I've done on my own haven't sounded all that great!

I enjoy flying in Norway and have searched for ATC in Norway to see when is the best time to hop on VatSim and which Norwegian airports have VatSim ATC.

As its my first time I would like to take my Wideroe and just sit and listen to ATC and do a simple radio check to see how my mic is before going on again with a full flight plan. It might ease my concerns after I've had the chance to sit and listen on VatSim a few times first.

Are there any Norwegian flyers or ATC's out there who could tell me the best times to go online in Norway and if its OK to just do a radio check?

Hope you can help!

Thanks

Steve

Andreas Dermitzakis 121021
Posted
Posted

Dear Steve,

At first place welcome to VATSIM. At first place you may visit VATSIM Pilot Resource Center and VATSIM Scandinavia website where you may find specific information about Norway. Furthermore they have a forum that you might want to join also as well as a teamspeak server so you can be linked in better.

Best Regards,

Andreas Dermitzakis

Andreas Dermitzakis

Deputy Region Director, VATSIM Europe

Abk76lz.png

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted
Are there any Norwegian flyers or ATC's out there who could tell me the best times to go online in Norway and if its OK to just do a radio check?
Hi Steve,

My name is Anders and I'm one of the Norwegian controllers. You can find someone online usually every day in Norway, mostly after 17-18 UTC until around 21-22 UTC. Our ATCs are very friendly and helpful, so don't be afraid to ask any online ATC questions

And of course, you're welcome to do a radio check.

We do have quite many airports throughout our country, but the Oslo area is what we usually staff up. This includes ENGM, ENRY, ENTO and ENCN (controlled airports), and ENFG, ENNO and ENSN (AFIS airports)

See you in the virtual Norwegian skies