You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SOUND in fsx when on vpilot

Robert  Ainley 1302874

Robert  Ainley 1302874
Posted
Posted

Hi,

When in flight and I use the vpilot program, the sound in fsx goes off. I am guessing because fsx is now playing in the background. Is there anyway to stop this?

Rob

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No. vPilot and FSX are separate applications, written by different people, with different design philosophies, and as such, you won't get sound from FSX when vPilot is the active window (or anything else, for that matter, e.g. Microsoft products, Notepad, your Internet window, etc.). You will, however, get sound from vPilot when FSX is the active window. Life is a compromise; just click back on FSX for FSX sound as rapidly as you can / care to.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jerry Taylor
Posted
Posted

While this information will only help a few, the A2A C182 aircraft sounds in FSX continue to play regardless if FSX is the active application. I can type text in vPilot or be in a web browser and the aircraft sounds from the A2A C182 continue to play. I'm not sure about other A2A aircraft as I've not tested them yet. But A2A must have coded at least the C182 to continue to play sounds regardless if FSX is the active application.

Perhaps someone can create a small add-on to provide this functionality for other aircraft (if possible)???

I vaguely remember waaaaaay back in my early days of flying on VATSIM (around 2001-03 timeframe) that there was a Windows application that could be installed which could be configured to keep a particular running application set as the active application. We used this little program for this exact purpose to keep the sounds of (probably FS9) playing when poking around in other applications.

But I can't remember what this was called and who knows if it would work with the more modern OS we have today.

Jerry

CEO - Air Logistics

http://virtualairlogistics.org

• 3 weeks later...
Christopher Bennett
Posted
Posted

Flight1.com offers a product called Sound Stream that costs $14.95 (US Dollars) that will do what you are asking it even has the option to run the sound of FSX at a certain percentage of the normal level if it is in the background if you so choose.

Hope this helps

Chris Bennett