You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Periodically losing audio with ATC

Michael Schwartz 1143713

Michael Schwartz 1143713
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I've been experiencing and interesting issue since I started using vPilot. I seem to periodically lose the ability to hear ATC (and other pilots on freq) which will result in them sending a text message which I receive immediately. If I press the PTT key (right ctrl) the issue seems to fix itself for the moment. However, throughout a flight I will continue to lose audio. I'm not sure what information is helpful for troubleshooting this issue so please let me know if something additional is needed.

Thanks,

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

It is indeed useful, as the behavior described almost certainly points to a port timeout issue. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that's the case, you'll want to either increase your router's UPnP port timeout length or manually port-forward UDP port 3290 to your computer.

Michael Schwartz 1143713
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply, I apologize for the late response. Now that you point out the timeout issue that makes quite a bit of sense. Unfortunately I don't have access to the router etc (University) so looks like I will just have to do my best to work around the issue. Thanks again for the help!

Regards,