You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to get pilot software working on FSX Steam Edition

Nicholas Fullerton 1309684

Posted
Posted

I'm new to Vatsim here. I currently only have access to the steam version of FSX, and I can't seem to get any of the pilot software to recognize that I do actually have the game installed. I understand this is a re-release by dovetail games and the path to my game folder will be different because of that (and steam).

Has anyone successfully connected to vatsim on the steam edition? Any ideas on what I can change to connect to the network?

Thanks.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

What happened when you tried vPilot, the latest client developed for FSX?

Posted
Posted

"Please ensure SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0 is installed" is the error message I'm receiving.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

So, did you do as the error message indicated?

The Steam version of FSX doesn't come with the SDK, so it won't have the SimConnect installer available. The Running vPilot Over a Network section of the vPilot docomeentation contains a link to the standalone installer.

Posted
Posted

Fixed!

thanks for the solution. I did attempt to google it, but it yielded no results.

• 2 weeks later...
Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

A bit of extra info, that might be useful for future users: Steam contains all the old SimConnect versions. They are in [Your Steam FSX Root Folder]\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces. The FSX-XPACK folder contains the one for the Acceleration expansion, which seems to be the most widely used.

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

• 3 months later...
Glodi David Mbilo Mbende 1
Posted
Posted

hello everyone. I have installed vpilot and it connects and works very well with FSX steam. but the only problem is that I can not display it in the simulator in full screen mode. help me, there is a shortcut or a solution for that. thank you.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

As stated in the FAQ, vPilot is not compatible with FSX full screen mode.

Q: Can I see vPilot when running full screen mode?

A: No. vPilot cannot be displayed when FSX is in full screen mode, as it is not a module that can be run from within FSX. It isn't a module that can be run from within FSX because it is developed in a different programming language.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations