You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot remove FSX Menu Bar

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Pressing ALT is supposed to make the menu bar disappear, but when I push it all that happens is that the FLIGHT option on the bar gets highlighted (of course, the FSX learning center also says that SHIFT + ENTER will move the eyepoint up and that does not work either)

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Pressing ALT is supposed to make the menu bar disappear

According to what/whom? In Full Screen mode, it should make the menu bar appear, but I don't think the converse is true in Windowed Mode. (At least, I've never seen any docomeentation to suggest that is the case.)

of course, the FSX learning center also says that SHIFT + ENTER will move the eyepoint up and that does not work either

That has always worked for me in various aircraft.

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Pressing ALT is supposed to make the menu bar disappear, but when I push it all that happens is that the FLIGHT option on the bar gets highlighted

Hold it down for 2-3 seconds.

(of course, the FSX learning center also says that SHIFT + ENTER will move the eyepoint up and that does not work either)

I think you'll need to experiment with FSUIPC sending a control on keypress or button.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

works for me in windowed mode doing what Luke mentioned

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Hold it down for 2-3 seconds.

Nifty trick. They say you 'learn something new everyday'; guess I can rest easy having met my quota for today.