You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

All white planes with Dx-10 preview issue.

Casen Brashear 1312353

Casen Brashear 1312353
Posted
Posted

My computer runs much much MUCH better using Dx-10 preview than Dx-9 in FSX. I am currently looking for a model pack that actually works with DX-10 and will not give me solid white planes.

I have installed the IVAO MTL, the planes are solid white even though everyone says it should work in Dx-10. The fsx.cfg is correct.

I downloaded the ICE AI pack but the VMR generator tool does not seem to see those packs at all and I cannot get it to work.

Does anyone here run Dx-10 preview with working model sets and if so, what packs do you use?

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

You need to install the DX10 shader mods that are available on Avsim. These are freeware, however, there is a program which I would highly recommend from the same developer where the DX10 shaders have been developed further. The program is Steve's DX10 Fixer available at the FlightSimStore. The software is currently not for sale but will be later on in January.

847924.png