You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Everything working fine, but Not showing other planes

Guillaume Pfistner 918313

Posted
Posted

First good day to all of you, as this is my first post here.

I've got everything working with Flight simulator 2004, but the only thing that isn't working for now is displaying other planes. Whatever airport I go to, I only see myself.

I have read everything I could on the site, but it didn't answer my question.

I am following the way to connect that is posted in the PRC, and the connection works, ATC works, other can see me, but I cannot see the others.

I am behind a router, and have all the required ports open.

Thank you for an answer, if there is a fix to that.

I am running FS 2004, 9.1

Nick Partridge 811834
Posted
Posted

You have probably checked and tried this but.

Have you checked to ensure that the CSL directory exists within the aircraft directory in FS ?

If not you should find a csl.zip file with the Squawkbox download, unzip it there.

Give that a try see what happens

Regards

Nick Partridge 811834

VATSIM.net Membership Manager

Support Group 2

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> ensure that the CSL directory exists

This is not the problem according to forum. If CSL problem you see other planes but just in wrong shape.

Look (first post) Tropic Announcement: VATSIM Pilot Resource Center (PRC) -> "Trouble shooting for "VATSIM Software Setup". -> 7 Don't see other airplanes, faulty located at Vatsim.

> I am running FS 2004, 9.1

Did you update FSUIPC when update to 9.1

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi!

If you are behind a router it is not csl problem.Can you tell me what kind of router do you have?If you have dsl line and you got the modem from your internet provider it is quite likely that the router in built-in your modem.So, what kind of modem do you use?

T.

Posted
Posted

Hey, I have spoken with some more pilots from VATSIM, and the problem is that my skawkbox doesn't actually connect to my SB relay.

It stands there on looking for games, and the only way I can get to the next screen with the click to join the session is by pressing cancel, but it doesn't join de session actually.

I am behind a LINKSY WRT54G router on a wireless G network

I have Road Runner time warner cable modem connected to that router.

I reinstalled squawkbox, and the FSUIPC.dll and followed the steps to register again, but it wasn't working after that neither.

Thank's alot if someone has the answer, anyway I gotta leave for christmas ( going to san diego) , so please post the answer here, I will check them in 8 days.

Have a great new year, and a happy christmas to whom it may apply.

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello Guillaume,

you may try to enter 127.0.0.1 in the Squawkbox`search window for the session (I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you left the IP number field blank so far?). Another hint is to change the multiplayer port in MSFS and Squawkbox to 23457 (from 23456). In your linksys router you should forward Port 3290UDP to the machine where your AVC is running (and of course for that you need to use static IP adresses, not DHCP!). Also, disable uPNP, it doesn´t help here and it may be even a security risk to leave it on.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hi Guillaume!

If you installed again everything and despite of this nothing has changed I am quite sure that the source of your problem is the router. The router is responsible for "routing" the communication between your machine and the Internet or another computer. If you get your modem from your provider it is sure that you have built-in router.

Firstly, my opinion about the opening of ports: As I know there are so many ports in your pc -

'bout 65000 -and some of them are designated for multipleyer games for particular games.It means when you start multiplayer in fs and you have a firewall it will ask you if you allow it to communicate with the net.If you click yet it opens its port which is designated by the game developers.(You can check on the Microsoft site which MS game which port it communicate through) So ,your program can send info to the net but cannot get data from there because the router do not know what to do with the incoming data.It is like this 'cause you allowed only the data out from your pc.So you have to tell your router which port it has to send the incoming data to.It is called route forwarding.It is different in case of every modem but not a big deal to do that.

First of all you have to enable your HTTP Web server on your pc .It sends data to the net by using the port no. 80.To enable it :contorl panel - network connections right click and properties and click advanced tab - settings and click on the upper settings button.You should see now a list of the servers and one of them has to be the WEB SERVER HTTP.Just click on the box to enable it.If you cannot find it on the list click on add and fill the windows in.The port to use is 80.

After that you have to tell your router to foward the incoming data to the same port.

In order to do it go to the www.portforward.com. Choose your modem type from the list and your are going to be guided through the whole process.

I had a same problem as you have - it still is for you- and I solved it by port forwarding. I got a lot of help here from other enthusiast pilots....but the final solution was this. If you do it you can run any kind of firewall, virus protection program....the VATSIM will work!

Let me know if you can manage!

And if I was not clear enough please let me know because I am not a native speaker....I would rather say in this case...I am not a native writer:)

Tamas

Manfred Knorr 907482
Posted
Posted

Hello all. I am having the same problem. Others can see me but I see no planes at all. I don't know what a router is. I have an ADSL connection using an Alcatel Speed Touch Home modem. I am able to submit SRC to VATSIM. I would have thought that if all that works, seeing other planes would be a given. Thank you for any help provided. I will try Tamas' suggestion.

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

Hello Manfred!

As I wrote I had the same problem as you have now.I was on the VATSIM, the controller saw me on his radar on the right place where I put my plane, the other pilots saw me as well but I could not see anubody around me.After that I read about router and port forwarding.....and it works:)

Go to that web site I wrote about.There you can choose from the list your modem type and just follow the instruction.Everything is explained on that site better than I tried to do it above:)

So!See you somewhere in the virtual sky!!!!

If you need more help just drop me a message here!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Tamas

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

In addition you have little more info specific for Vatsim at: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

p.s. Tamas Bulejsza, your good link suggest is there also.

Manfred Knorr 907482
Posted
Posted

Hi Tamas,

My modem is not listed on that site. Lennart, there is a lot of stuff to try and understand in the forum link you provided. I am no techno geek so it makes little sense to me

I do know how to switch off the XP firewall though, so I will try that. My worry is that in order to see if planes become visible, I may run into one on my way off the runway. I need to go to a busy airport like Los Angeles to be sure there are other planes around.

So if you see a Cessna 172 sliding across the runway (I use slew mode to get out the way quickly) I appologise if I get in your way

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> So if you see a Cessna 172 sliding across the runway.

In FS2004, select goto airport and select a "parking" or "gate" (not active runway) before you connect to Vatsim.

Beside look for other airplane. If there are ATC (See ServInfo or VatsimVisualDisplay) in the area you park, then you can also look in Squawkbox directory if you have ATC (not just the UNICOM).

Primary make sure follow the PRC docomeent in all details. Just if still problem, then secondary see my Troubleshoot link.

> My modem is not listed on that site

Are you sure your modem has firewall, single-user modem usually has not.

> I do know how to switch off the XP firewall though

If there is firewall in your modem, yes then turn all firewall in computer off. And you must open ports in your modem.

Specific if you have only one computer to internet, then you also have the chose to get the "ZoneAlarm"-firewall and disable firewall in your modem.

Manfred Knorr 907482
Posted
Posted

Thank you Lennart. I never even saw that little selection box before

MY modem has no firewall. I only have the XP on on my computer. I will be disabling that to see if planes become visible.

Rather than get another firewall, I'll just turn the windows one back on after flying.

Your troubleshoot link will make my head explode

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Rather than get another firewall, I'll just turn the windows one back on after flying.

During your flight, you will have a lot of virus/hackers attacks.

Firewall "ZoneAlarm" recommended. I know nothing myself how to setup ZoneAlarm, but it seams in general it's no problem according to this forum.

Manfred Knorr 907482
Posted
Posted

OK, thank you again Lennart. I wont turn off my XP firewall again unless I have another in place. In the meantime, turning off the XP firewall, the only one I have, did not allow me to see other planes so this is clearly not the problem. As I don't have a router, that is not the problem either. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Happy new year all

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem (and another thread going on this topic) so like Manfred any ideas would be welcome.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

"Life is a short dash between two dates on a tombstone"

Tamas Bulejsza 907413
Posted
Posted

HELLO MANFRED!

Sorry for the late answer but i have been having fun for a few days:)

Check that site I wrote you.Your modem is listed there!Scroll down and see under the THOMSON / ALCATEL again!

Moreover, my experience is that if you forward the port as it written on that site you won't have to turn off the XP firewall at all!

Let me know if you need anything else:)

Tamas

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I don't know what's happened or if it's something I have done, but I can see the other a/c! The only thing I 'know' I have done is to load the AVG Free Edition virus protection s/w and run that when I go onto VATSIM. So far I have successfully connected three times and everything is OK.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Manfred Knorr 907482
Posted
Posted

Good stuff Keith, now don't snease

Maybe I should try that cause I still see jack . What is this AVG and why do you only run it when you go on VATSIM? I currently use McAfee.

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I can't exactly remember where I saw AVG, but a google search should find it, or try http://www.grisoft.com. I used it because I normally use Norton anti-virus and I have to disable it to work with VATSIM. So I tried AVG Free Edition and everything started to work.

I don't know about sneasing it's very difficult typing this with all my fingers crossed.

Best wishes for the new year.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor

Manfred Knorr 907482
Posted
Posted

Same to you Keith. Thanks for that link. I installed it and disabled McAfee. But when I joined a multiplayer sesssion at Heathrow, I still saw no planes. I keep getting this in SBRelay.

050105 11:58:14 Added player 'BAW270' to FS2002 session.

050105 11:58:14 Added fake player 'BAW270' to FS2004 session.

050105 11:58:15 Added player 'BAW953' to FS2002 session.

050105 11:58:15 Added fake player 'BAW953' to FS2004 session.

050105 11:58:18 Added player 'BAW12H' to FS2002 session.

050105 11:58:18 Added fake player 'BAW12H' to FS2004 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'BAW12H' from FS2002 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'BAW953' from FS2002 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'BAW270' from FS2002 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'Squawkbox' from FS2002 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'BAW12H' from FS2004 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'BAW953' from FS2004 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'BAW270' from FS2004 session.

050105 11:59:32 Removed player 'Squawkbox' from FS2004 session.

They appear in the FS Chat window then disapear leaving only me. But I am still connected.

Keith Batchelor 915249
Posted
Posted

I wish I could help you further, but as I said I don't know what I did to make it work.

Best regards

Keith Batchelor