You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xsquawkbox windows not appearing

Simon Marshall 961416

Simon Marshall 961416
Posted
Posted

HI,

recently I've been unable to start Xsquawkbox.

To explain: I've been using it with X-plane ( 64bit steam edition) with few problems.

Occasionally when I click Plugins > Xsquawkbox > Connect (or any other Xsquawkbox menu item) the window don't appear. Restarting X-plane fixes this problem.

This evening I have not been able to get any Xsquawkbox windows to appear. This has been 3 hours of frustration. I've removed Xsquawkbox, downloaded and reinstalled several times. Restarted the PC (2 month old build) and tried everything I can think of. Including searching forums and google.

Everything else works fine, and I've run a file verify several times (steam ability).

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm currently unable to fly on-line (normally Id fly 100 on-line). I'm stumped. And depressed.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Hello Simon,

Can try running X-Plane, try to access XSB (once or twice), then quit X-Plane.

Once that's done, can you please post your log.txt (found in X-Plane install folder)

One thing I would also check is if the plugin somehow got disabled from the Plugin Manager of XP.

Josh

Simon Marshall 961416
Posted
Posted
Hello Simon,

Can try running X-Plane, try to access XSB (once or twice), then quit X-Plane.

Once that's done, can you please post your log.txt (found in X-Plane install folder)

One thing I would also check is if the plugin somehow got disabled from the Plugin Manager of XP.

Josh

Thanks for the help Josh,

I've started X-plane in 64 and 32 bit a lot. The plugin is enabled and I've removed it and started again. Not joy.

I was about to post the logfile... I looked at it first. There was a plugin called chaseplaneview that I bought from x-plane. That was the one pluging and addon scenery that I hadn't removed, and as it sounds it affects the views.

Removing this has allowed me to start X-plane several times and I can get the windows I need.

I need to contact x-plane store to get them to fix what appears to be a bug on their site, I'll add this to the list :0

Josh, Thanks for the hints.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Glad you got it fixed.

JG