You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FlightSimCon 2015

Michael Bertolini

Michael Bertolini
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I was curious, has anyone ever gone to FlightSimCon in Hartford, Connecticut? It's at the New England Air Museum on field to Bradley International Airport.

I was curious if anyone has been before and what they thought of it.

Thanks!

Michael Bertolini

Instructor

The Atlanta Center ARTCC

http://www.atlantacenter.net

RW Certified Professional Air Traffic Controller (CPC)

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

that the one hosted by IVAO?

Michael Bertolini
Posted
Posted
that the one hosted by IVAO?

I don't believe it's hosted by IVAO, it's mostly BVATC now I believe.

Michael Bertolini

Instructor

The Atlanta Center ARTCC

http://www.atlantacenter.net

RW Certified Professional Air Traffic Controller (CPC)

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

Their website is an "EXACT" replica of the new VATSIM one It seems that BVATC and IVAO are sponsors. It's sad that VATSIM is not. VATSIM staff are always talking about expanding membership, this would be a great place to get in. Sad to see IVAO and BVATC but no VATSIM.

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

VATSIM has never said no to this event, we left it to the locals to decide how they will engage. This year it looks like we have a champion.

Kyle Ramsey

• 4 weeks later...
Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

If anyone here is going then I will see you in Connecticut

First time going to this flightsimcon and looking forward to meeting new people.

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

VATSIM is represented by the folks at Boston ARTCC, please do stop by and say hello to our folks at their booth.

Kyle Ramsey

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

Definitely

I have signed up for the demonstration flight team so will be carrying my rig there - so if VATSIM Boston ARTCC has any VATSIM specific demonstration planned then will be more than happy to join.

• 1 month later...
Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted

The ancients are showing up, I'm going!

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

VATSIM will be well represented. The Boston folks are taking the lead, and the amount of cooperation amongst entities for the collaborative support of the flight simming hobby is both unprecedented and wonderful to see. http://flightsimcon.com

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 1 month later...
Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Considering this thread has already been created, I don't see a point to creating a separate thread for an "event posting". So here is goes:

10670024_593595344080103_5252710904585925219_n_zpscop4xssu.jpg

We are only 10 days out from FlightSimCon 2015! VATSIM will be represented by multiple sub-divisions of the organization, including Virtual Boston and New York ARTCCs. We will have two separate booths (side by side) demonstrating both sides of the network (both pilot and ATC). Our VATSIM-specific controlling software, pilot clients, and much more will be on display. Additionally, students, senior controllers, and staff will all be there to answer your questions and show you what VATSIM is all about.

Be advised that, as you would imagine, to properly demonstrate the software, we have to be online controlling! With that said, both Virtual Boston and New York ARTCCs will be staffed throughout the weekend virtually the entire time we are at FlightSimCon 2015. This acts as a major hint to all of you pilots that are looking for some quality, professional ATC over the weekend. Disclaimer: This is not an official VATSIM event and we cannot guarantee ATC throughout the entire weekend, so please don't be upset if you get on and we aren't online. What I can guarantee is that we will be online a very good amount of the weekend and you will be able to catch us at some point I'm sure.

Speaking of flying during FlightSimCon, Canadian Xpress Virtual is hosting a fly-in at 1530z on the first day of the event (June 13th). They are inviting any and all pilots to join as they fly into KBDL to simulate flying to FlightSimCon! Please feel free to join in on the fun (banner below).

CXA_June_2015_FlyIn.jpg

Well, I believe that covers it all folks. All other information can be found on the FlightSimCon website. Last but certainly not least, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for live updates, pictures, news, and more. We certainly hope you enjoy the event both online and in person. Hope to see you there!

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Day 1 was fantastic. Check our facebook (/vbostonartcc) and Twitter (@vzbwartcc) for updates throughout Day 2!

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

End of ‪FlightSimCon 2015! Thank you to the FlightSimCon planning team along with all exhibitors, speakers, guests, sponsors, media, and more for making the event what it was. I know we can speak for VATSIM as a whole when we say that we had a fantastic time and look forward to doing so again next year.

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor