You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can you "differentiate" lessons

Matthew Kreilein 881422

Matthew Kreilein 881422
Posted
Posted

Question is this.

Say I, as an INS, set up a SB session for a student on the server. That student connects to the SB server through ASRC. OK, all good so far.

Let's say I'm running a session and another INS sets up a session at the same time with his student. I understand that I will only be able to control my ACSim A/C and the other INS will only be able to control his A/C through ACSim also.

However, would the student(s) see the other session's A/C in his training session.

I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming yes. So, for example, let's say I'm running a SB session for KPHL with Arrivals for an APP test and a ZDC INS is doing one for APP at PCT area (VERY close to KPHL). The student would see both sets of A/C provided they're in his ASRC range correct?

I understand those A/C would do their thing as the ZDC INS would own them and mine would do what I say since I own them, but we'd be able to see each other's provided we're in close proximity, correct?

Not a big deal, just wanna know what to "expect" when I connect.

Thanks.

Matthew Kreilein

?cid=881422attachment.php?attachmentid=1125&d=1321217166

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

Everyone seems to be thinking there's some magic to the ACSim that makes it overly complicated. It merely connects a bunch of pilots to the network and lets someone control them. You're correct that if two instructors connect aircraft, you can only control the ones that are from YOUR instance of the program but as far as the students concerned, these are just pilots flying around. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can certainly work two different airspaces at the same time with two different instructors or you can share the load and have two instructors providing traffic for one airspace but i'd suggest giving one instructor all Delta's for instance and the other instructor all USAirs etc. Just so you know which aircraft are yours.

Christopher Serio,

Developer XTower/AVC/XSB/ACSim (Sweatbox)

667.png