You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

cannot log into vat sim

Nathan Kennedy 1317314

Nathan Kennedy 1317314
Posted
Posted

i have been attempting to log in this afternoon to vatsim. i am brand new and i am using the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word that i was provided. I'm able to log into the forum to post i can get into my profile but any time i attempt to change the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word in my profile or log on in xplane it keeps saying invalid cid or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word

any advice?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
any time i attempt to change the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word in my profile

Are you referring to your forum profile? AFAIK, the only way to change your VATSIM network p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is via the pulldown menu at https://cert.vatsim.net/sso/ .

or log on in xplane it keeps saying invalid cid or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word

Which server IP are you trying? Have you tried any of the others? Lastly, are you manually typing both the CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (as opposed to copying-and-pasting, which can be prone to unwanted spaces getting introduced to the mix)?

EDIT: Just looked up your cert ID, looks like you just recently joined. It's not uncommon for the flight servers (e.g. the servers other than the websites/forums) to be behind on CID/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word changes (including creations) by 24 hours or so. You might try all of the available to servers to see if one has already synchronized; otherwise, you'll want to wait up to 24-48 hours.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It can take up to 24 hours for new or reactivated VATSIM membership records to be flowed to all of the distributed VATSIM servers, as the membership information is flowed to the servers via daily server synchronizations. If, within the first 24 hours, you cannot log onto the server of your choice, you may have to try different servers until you find one that has already been synchronized.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nathan Kennedy 1317314
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys I won't be able to check until tmrow but I'm hoping it has kicked in