You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and FSX

Jamie Prince

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted

Silly question once I have loaded vPilot and gonr through the settings is there anything I need to do to FSX to allow it work in multiplayer?

Many thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

vpilot doesnt use the multiplayer function at all. none of the VATSIM clients do. you simply use freeflight. the client will inject the traffic into the sim

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted

That's what I have done but im not seeing any other traffic and FSX is still showing the FSX made traffic you get in freeflight.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

vPilot's ".debug" window will show you if aircraft are in range and what model is has chosen - see if any are in that list. If so, it might be an issue with DX10 preview or aircraft shadows (can't recall the details exactly) not being compatible with the model(s) selected.

As for the AI traffic, set the sliders to 0 in FSX's settings. Since multiplayer mode isn't being used, I don't think the pilot clients affect whether or not FSX draws additional AI traffic.

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted

Ok I see. Will put that to none but I was on the ground at Stansted with pilots who say there were taxing but I was unable to see just hear them.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

have you installed any AI model sets? you will need to, otherwise vpilot wont have anything to choose from

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
have you installed any AI model sets? you will need to, otherwise vpilot wont have anything to choose from

He'd still see aircraft with the default model, though. ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the specified default model is actually installed in the sim.)

Jamie, are you seeing any red error messages in the vPilot window?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted

He'd still see aircraft with the default model, though. ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the specified default model is actually installed in the sim.)

Jamie, are you seeing any red error messages in the vPilot window?

Yea getting plenty of Red messages up as expected one the planes I don't have.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You might have mentioned that in your original post ...

What do these red messages tell you??

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted
You might have mentioned that in your original post ...

What do these red messages tell you??

Hi sorry its tells me

SimConnect Error: Failed to creat aircraft ***** using model *****. This usually means that the model is not installed on your simulater. The aircraft will be created with a different model.

Jamie

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted

Seems to be working now. Is there anyway I can stop vPilot beeping in my ear tho everytime it flashes up in the red text?

Many thanks

Jamie

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The beeping is there for a reason. It's there to alert you to the fact that you have vPilot set up incorrectly. Yes, there are cheats to get around the beeping (just search this forum for blank.wav) but I would recommend you cure the illness, not treat a symptom. Suggest you use VMRGenerator.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jamie Prince
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately VMRGenerator doesn't want to work on my computer.