You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES Simulator misbehaving?

Michael Kuhne

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

I remarked a weird behaviour when using a simulation file regardless if I use the sweatbox server or my own FSD server.

The aircraft that show up at time 0 behave normally (can hold, can expedite climb/descend, react to speed inputs (or more/or less/exactely). All aircraft that are spawned later can't hold, can't expedite vertical speed and can only be instructed to a speed of xyz or less.

If I click on play just after conecting, this happens also to the initial traffic (time 0). Could it be that ES needs some time to load the traffic and that if an aircraft appears while the simulation is already running, it can't load it correctly?

Of course I could program the simulation file in a way that all aircraft are there from the beginning...

But especially on ground or when only simulation APP I prefer to have them pop up one after another.

Am I the only one having these issues? Is there a workaround?

By the way, I'm using ES 3.2 without plugins.

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

Maybe it really is only a question of waiting long enough before clicking "play", as it seems to work fine right now (without any other client connected to the FSD-server.

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

Maybe I found the solution...

Don't simulate any other ATC-station.

Maybe it was just luck, but the first time this evening I simulated a TWR and holdings, etc. didn't work. The second time I let it run without TWR and holding, etc. were working fine.

A bit weird that that could be the issue, but for now it's working fine!

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Yep. I reported that bug a while ago. It's fixed in 3.2a

Sorry, I didn't recognise it from your earlier post.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK