You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AI Traffic Causing FSX Fatal Error

Connor Anderson

Connor Anderson
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am currently using UT2 solely as my traffic package. However I will occasionally experience a fatal error within FSX. This only happens when I am connected to the network, so I would imagine it has something to do with vPilot. IVAO MTL does the same, and even WOAI traffic at times. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Connor Anderson

19.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Run the model test, find the models (if any) that cause the sim to crash, and remove them from your VMR ruleset(s).

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

Have you had a look at your event viewer to see what is causing your fatal error?

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Connor Anderson
Posted
Posted
Run the model test, find the models (if any) that cause the sim to crash, and remove them from your VMR ruleset(s).

Is this an external program or can I do this within the client?

Connor Anderson

19.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Is this an external program or can I do this within the client?

It's an undocomeented feature ... you access it by issuing the ".debug" command, which opens the debugging window. There you will find a button to start the model matching test. This will go through ALL of your loaded model matching rules and try creating an aircraft using each listed model. This can help identify which models are crashing your sim.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Connor Anderson
Posted
Posted

Great. I found the panel. Do I need to be connected to the network in order to use this feature?

Connor Anderson

19.png