You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Revising your Aircraft File

Andy Cleeremans 828954

Andy Cleeremans 828954
Posted
Posted

I didn't see this in the manual anywhere.. but here goes.

I create a big arrival stream on the CLARR2 into las vegas, and I get finished, but decide I need to create one last troublemaker a/c. The problem is, I already saved my situation file. How do I add yet another aircraft into it. My only options are "New Situation File" and "Open Aircraft File" whether connected or not.. paused or not. I tried manually creating the a/c in the acs file using notepad. This is not a good solution as it only displays the # of a/c I created through ACSim and nothing afterwards...

Oh, one other question, all my a/c start off squawking 0000 despite [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning them a squawk code when I created the file. Could this be caused by using the latest beta ASRC build or not?

Andy Cleeremans

ZLA Training Administrator

61.png

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

Open the file up in notepad and change what you need. It's pretty simple to do once you understand what each field means. Most of them should be fairly obvious. If not, there's another thread floating around here where Dan Everette specified what each one meant.

Christopher Serio,

Developer XTower/AVC/XSB/ACSim (Sweatbox)

667.png

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

Andy,

The .acs files are simple text files, which you can add all the aircraft you want to. As a matter of fact, the scenarios I've written have all been done this way, and I never used the "Add Aircraft" or "New Scenario" feature in ACSim. Here are two recommendations (that have worked for me):

1 - Create a file in Excel (or other spreadsheet program), with a column for each field, and one row per aircraft. Export as CSV, then just manually go in and insert carriage returns at the appropriate spots. Rename as .acs and you're good to go.

2 - Use a database utility to store aircraft, and spit out formatted .acs files.

I've found that when having a lot of aircraft, a "master file" is quite handy, and the above two methods will make it a bit eaiser to manage, but that's me.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

Christopher Serio,

667.png

Andy Cleeremans 828954
Posted
Posted

That's exactly what I was doing, and I must have some formatting wrong, because I made a file with 10 using ACSim to create the file, and then opening it in wordpad and adding a lot more using the same format. However, it doesn't create an entry for any a/c after #10. Maybe using notepad does something wierd to it? or it could just as easily be a PICNIC error.

Andy Cleeremans

ZLA Training Administrator

61.png

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

No, notepad is what i used. If you want to paste it here we'll look at it.

Christopher Serio,

667.png

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

Andy, check out the reply I made to the ACSim sticky in the VATUSA TA forum. May have some more info for you.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Gerry Hattendorf 935415
Posted
Posted
... However, it doesn't create an entry for any a/c after #10.

Hmm, so who's going to be your first victim, ahhemm, student?

Gerry Hattendorf

ZLA Webmaster

VATSIM Supervisor