Broken Transmissions

Adam Marion

Hello Gents!

I have been battling VRC for the past two days.

I started getting messages from pilots telling me that my transmissions were broken, about every half-second. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that it was just the connection so I disconnected VRC and then reconnected with no resolution. I also tried to use different voice servers with no resolution, so I disconnected for the night.

I logged on today with the same thing. I have restarted my computer, shut off VRC and restarted it, tried different servers, and tried different voice servers. I have also tried switching my microphone inputs between wave and directsound with no improvement; however, my calibration is fine.

I also checked my internet and it is working fine. I am both hard-wired in and on WiFi. Also, everybody can hear me on TeamSpeak just fine.

I have done research on this topic and tried everything that was listed as a solution that worked for others but I am still not having any luck!

Some recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

Adam Marion
Web Developer - VATSIM Web Development Team
[email protected]

spacer.png

Under Audio Settings change your input device from Wave to Direct Sound.

I already did that! No resolution...

That's just begging for multipath/latency issues. Do yourself a favor and disable the wireless adapter when you're using the wired one.

Also, have you tried restarting your router/gateway device and, if separate, your modem?

I only have my wired connection going when I am on VATSIM. I disable my WiFi before I start any client I use. I have also done it the other way around, only ran my WiFi.

I have restarted my router/modem (they are the same) and it didn't do anything, unfortunately.

Thank you for your help so far, guys. This is both confusing and annoying!

Adam Marion
[email protected]

spacer.png

Update!

I removed all VRC data off of my computer and resinstalled VRC with no resolution!

I cleared all of my firewall/anti-virus exceptions relating to VRC with no resolution! I also added new exceptions and it did not work, either!

I also restarted my modem and it did not work either.

I have also tried just a wired connection to my computer and just a wifi connection and it has not worked either.

I am using RealTek HD Audio Drives. Could that be part of the issue?

I have also tried to run VRC as an administrator and without being an administrator with no luck, either.

Adam Marion
[email protected]

spacer.png