You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection Problem

Marc Winkler 1321097

Marc Winkler 1321097
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone,

unfortunately I'm still very new to VatSim and already got a problem.

After signing up to VatSim, I downloaded vPilot and it wont let me connect to the VatSim network.

Its giving me the following error code:

[13:19:33] Network error: EndReceive failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

[13:19:33] Disconnected from network.

I already tried to disable my firewall, anti virus program and tried to connect to all available servers, but still no luck.

What step am I missing?

I entred my VatSim generated user ID/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word in the "setting" network box, downloaded ai traffic, moved it my C drive and started up as admin.

I'm using FSX - EDDS - PMDG737NGX

Hope someone might have a idea.

Thank you

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Hello Marc

Did you select a server from the drop down list of available servers?

If you did, change to a different server and have another try.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Marc Winkler 1321097
Posted
Posted

Hello,

yes I did try all available servers from the drop down list, but unfortunately still no luck.

I also run vPilot as admin.

Regards,

Marc

• 1 month later...
Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted

I have experienced the same issue on my previous flights the past few weeks. The error would come up on vPilot after about an hour into a flight. It would display the message and subsequently disconnect me. If I tried reconnecting immediately within the first 30 seconds, it would say "Callsign in use" and after about a minute I could reconnect. On my last flight which was 7 hours long I experienced this 4 times, once every 1-2 hours. I would change servers and it would happen again after another hour or so. No matter what server I was on, this happened. Not sure why it is happening; flights done 1.5 months ago and before never had this error.

Below is an image of it in vPilot

Kt8F2Ky.jpg

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

that one looks like its on your end. i often get that during sporadic connection losses from the router. doesnt have to be a complete loss of internet to cause it, just a small burp. you may notice web pages may load very slow during that short amount of time, usually only last about a minute or so.

Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted

Well it didn't happen when vPilot came out. Started recently about 1-2 months back for me. I know of others who have had this issue as well that came up. Never had it in the other pilot clients. My internet connection runs fine, has had no changes in ISP/router for the past 2 years, and has been running smoothly on its 100+Mbit connection as it always has. Maybe we're all using the same router/ISP if we're experiencing this issue all the time...

Maybe Ross or Kieran can look into it since its definitely not just me that's been experiencing it in the recent months on almost every flight.

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm in no way diminishing your concerns when I say this, but I just offer this perspective. I have received this error very intermittently since vPilot first started in beta test. A reboot of the router resolves the issue for several months for me. All the research I've done on that error trying to help other members has shown that it is client side, and likely router-related. I haven't done any in-depth investigation beyond that.

I'm not sure from a programming side the sensitivity of the need for connection, and if that can be tweaked at all to attempt to "hold/pause" while a connection was being reestablished. If that were possible, I'd envision an error message something like "Connection lost - attempting to reestablish" and if unable within x seconds, a disconnection error like the 10060 error. I imagine if that were possible, it would look like the world stopped. Certainly something to consider.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 3 weeks later...
Andrew Treulich
Posted
Posted

I have also had this same exact issue for the past few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
alan cottrill 1301758
Posted
Posted

Hi

While flying on line yesterday from OMDB to EGCC a flight time of 7:30 , Vpilot disconnected on 3 occasions ,luckily I was not getting a brew , when the disconnects happened , and was able to reconnect immediately , my VA requires all flights to be flown in real time with no pauses , I was on UK1 server at the time , on 2 of the occasions I was on Unicom , and no ATC on line in that area , on 1 occasion I was in an ATC controlled space , luckily the ATC guy was not communicating with me when it happened , and only being disconnected for less then 2 seconds , ment no harm was done .

Fault code same as previous post ( 10060 )

regards alan.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

A WinSock 10060 timeout error occurs if more than a certain period of time expires before a connection could be established to the host (VATSIM server). This appears to be a very intermittent issue, and although little hard data exists for us to really get to root cause, the prevailing theory is that it's often something that temporarily interrupts the internet connection, and may be something caused by (or not stopped by) the router. Some users have reported that the issue is solved once rebooting (and in one member's case, his ISP replacing) their router. As an aside, this is also not a vPilot issue; users have also had this issue with FSInn, Servinfo, FSUIPC, etc. over the years. Sorry, but there's just not a lot of data on this one yet. Suggest rebooting your router, and let us know after a few flights if it appears to be solved or not. Thanks.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations