You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vSMR Plugin

Pierre Ferran

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

A new version has been released:

• Thanks to @LB767, fixed tag dragging issues and potential crash on RIMCAS stage 2
    Fixed other bugs due to deleting while iterating

Download it here: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/releases

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Pierre, do I need to change anything in my old json file? When I just exchange the latest DLL in my Euroscope, I have euroscope crash when trying to close it. When I started .smr log I received no log file. Where should I look for it?

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• 4 weeks later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Hi Pavel,

Sorry for the late reply, it looks like there is indeed a crashing problem that I will investigate. If you could send me your log file that'd be great, sometimes the files pops up in the %APPDATA% directory, or sometimes in the EuroScope Docomeents directory somehow. Try to find there if you can!

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

What should the log file name look like? I am afraid there is no such log either in my APPDATA or in docomeents.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• 1 month later...
Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Pierre,

we keep on having problems with pilots who try to LOGON to PDC-stations, basically hanging up their CPDLC-clients. The only solution is that pilots need to restart their CPDLC-clients, which is not that great and takes time.

Have you had time to work on this https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/issues/30 already? It would be REALLY if ATCOs were able to automatically or manually reject those attempts to LOGON, otherwise this issue consumes a lot of time.

• 1 year later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I am slowly getting to writing "vSMR v2". It will contain the following main features, but the list is not fixed:

• New, simpler, C++17 codebase to encourage more participation
    New TOML format configuration file, a more human readable format than the current JSON
    Better testing and exception handling to increase stability
    Dropped MFC dependency (We'll see how long that last), as well as other old libraries
    Dropped Windows XP support
    Dropped vStrips support (at least initially)
    Faster, smarter rendering
    Better UI with more interactivity
    Better approach window functionalities
    Rewritten Datalink clearance system, to ensure consistency, compatible with current system but with ability to reply to wrong messages, such as log on requests which will be rejected automatically.
    Web configurator to allow for generating profiles quickly
    Update warning
    (MAYBE) Profile repository to allow for easy sharing of profiles

I have a few more ideas, but essentially I am still drafting the list, hence this post to ask any of you whether you would like to see anything changed or new features added, now is your chance to draft your xmas vSMR whishlist

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

That's great news! Looking forward to it!

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to V2.

I would like the labels to use the native labels from ES. Now that there are background colors available as well via ES, I think there is not much the SMR labels can do more than the ES ones. Except maybe the orientation of the label position.

Then I would like the plugin to use the ICAO_Airlines.txt file which is selected via the loaded prf file. A fallback should exist if this data is not available at all, so that a crash in this case is prevented.

That's all I have in mind for now. Happy to test when you need feedback.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 1 year later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey there, 

I've just released a new version of vSMR addressing a crash to desktop issue with EuroScope's latest beta. Find it here: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/releases/tag/1.5.102

This version provides for quite a lot changes, but is backward compatible (meaning you do not have to update your config file, although you might want to in order to enjoy the latest of features):

• General stability fixes and lots of polishing
  • Fixed crash on close issue with latest EuroScope beta
  • Added the possibility to receive telex messages via PDC (Thanks @DrFreas !)
    • Incoming Telex messages will show a blinking "T"
    • Click on it and use the "Message" option to communicate via Telex
  • Added possibility to colour tags depending on their SID (Thanks @Keanu73 !)
    • See the example configuration for details
  • All tag functions are now right click only, this means left click is solely used to move the tag
  • If a pilot tries to logon using CPDLC when using PDC, an unable message and logon denied will be issued automatically (Thanks @DrFreas !)
  • When logging on to PDC, if your callsign is in use, you will receive a message letting you know (Thanks @TheoBearman !)
  • RIMCAS only uses the calculated runway area for more precise alerts and arrival calculations

As always, please report any issues on the Issues page.

Have a nice flight!

Edited by Pierre Ferran
  • Like 6

• 7 months later...
Aleksandar Stanisavljevic
Posted
Posted

Hi! amazing plugin really! one question: is it possible to resize or to change a shape of a polygon shape of aircraft? as it is now some sort of "christmas tree shape" , so is it possible in next update or by ourselves to change it for example to represent a aircraft shape or even a DOT shape, or square or so?

Thanks!! 

Member of VATAdria and active ATC on LYBE

http://www.vatadria.net/

Student 2 rating

1083172.jpg

VAT-Adria-Logo-v03.png

• 3 weeks later...
Bruno Mallet
Posted
Posted

Hi!!!

Thanks for the work done.

But I have a problem: when I tried to connect the CPDLC, the log tell me that Callsign probably in use. But checking the Hopie's site, nobody is using my code in the moment.

What could be wrong?

984619.png984619.png984619.png

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Bruno Mallet 984619 said:

Hi!!!

Thanks for the work done.

But I have a problem: when I tried to connect the CPDLC, the log tell me that Callsign probably in use. But checking the Hopie's site, nobody is using my code in the moment.

What could be wrong?

Which airport?

Bruno Mallet
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

Which airport?

SBGL.

I was in SBGL_GND and want to make the fp clearances via CPDLC.

Edited by Bruno Mallet 984619
to add more information
984619.png984619.png984619.png