You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Plane traffic

John Price

John Price
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I've just converted to X-plane after years on FSX/P3D. Still using those great isms, of course, but want to use Xplane too. I have installed xsquawkbox, and I have installed X-CSL traffic, but all the traffic I see either has the Airbus logo if it's an A320 or an SAS logo if it's a 737, and the nav lights are really bright, weird-looking discs. I know I've done something wrong, but the instructions on X-CSL are so unclear. I currently have all the X-CSL aircraft in the X-plane aircraft folder. Is that correct?

Cheers

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

You haven't done anything wrong. XSquawkBox doesn't do livery matching, so you'll always get the first livery of the relevant model. There is a bug where the nav lights look wrong when using HDR, so either turn off HDR in the X-Plane rendering settings, or try one of the replacement light textures by searching online for xsquawkbox lights.

swift - Developer

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

There is also an option that you can "fool" xSquakbox and have all airplane objectives look correct. Issue is, they all are the same livery/type. However, lights and other items are correct (and function properly on HDR). Just do a search of the forums...

-Fred

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami vARTCC - United States Division (I1)

• 4 months later...
Andrzej Stempski 915584
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys - did you solved the problem? I have put as written in isntructions - evrything to CSL folder in xsqawbox resources and this also does not work. New release says that xsb works with csl..

Is there anything more tobe changed in the cfg files to have it working?

Andrew