You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant hear anyone after speaking

Stacey Dreyer

Stacey Dreyer
Posted
Posted (edited)

So first of all XSquawkBox has been working just fine and now this.

When i login to XSquawkbox I can see everyone, I can see who's on ATC, I can run a Mic audio setup and everything works just fine. I can see text and I can change freq and join rooms. The problem is that after I key up the mic about 15sec to 30 seconds later I can't hear anybody else. Sometimes if I key up the mic it will allow me to hear other people but again about 15 to 30 seconds later I can't hear anyone again. All of my planes sounds like engines and such I can still hear.

Things Ive done to try and resolve the problem

1. through a few things at the wall and broke them,, that didn't help

2. Downloaded a new copy of XSquawkbox and installed it,,, that didn't help

3. Tried a new Headset,, that didn't help

3. Verified that the headphone and mic work with other programs

The only thing that I can think of that has changed with my sim is that I added a couple more usb flight modules from go flight. Aside from that nothing has changed. No new updates with my system but obviously something has changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the only thing left to break is the dog...

Frustrated and confused

Stacey

Edited by Guest

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Have you tried port-forwarding UDP port 3290 in your router/gateway device?

Stacey Dreyer
Posted
Posted

Sorry it took so long to respond.. What I did was an update on my router which in return did a reboot. After that was finished everything started working. Thanks for the input. What you asked is what made me think to check my router.

Thanks for your time

Stacey