You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Some issues with SSR & correlation

Joel Strikovsky 1136335

Joel Strikovsky 1136335
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I got two issues I still couldn't find a solution to yet.

1. Departing traffic traffic (most but not all) even though have their SQ code set correctly and on Mode C

still shows that SQ Error on the Slayout and the traffic/TAG is not correlated

this Issue happens when I am on C-Mode or S-Mode , EasyVATSIM I saw it happening less

2. the Other issue is that some times Arrival traffic do not show up on my Inbound traffic list (also depicted in the screen shots) even though they are way in my Airspace distance

here are Screen Shots of two different events at two different Dates

2ag2p37.jpg

2dak1ad.jpg

2.the other issue Some time Incoming traffic show up on my radar (not correlated) but I don't see them on my

Arrival List (Sector Inbound List)

Screen Shot Depicting the issue

2dtawl2.jpg

My General Settings in ES (common to both Issues)

2w7235w.jpg

My ASR Display Settings

241tkzn.jpg

Edited by Guest

Mark-Julius Pikat
Posted
Posted

It really depends how are your radars set in ESE file.

You can also try enabling the following:

- Correlation distance: 50 -OR- 0 (unlimited), try 0 if 50 won't work for you

- Auto start FP tracks

- Accept pilot squawk

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org
Head of VATEUD Examining Program mark-julius.pikat [at] vateud.net

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

You need to have "Auto start FP tracks" to have auto correlation upon [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a squawk, otherwise you manually need to do it, also make sure your radar definition is correct.

Joel Strikovsky 1136335
Posted
Posted
It really depends how are your radars set in ESE file.

You can also try enabling the following:

- Correlation distance: 50 -OR- 0 (unlimited), try 0 if 50 won't work for you

- Auto start FP tracks

- Accept pilot squawk

what should I be checking i the ESE file? what section, what am I looking for that could be related?

the correlation distance you referring to, is it in the ESE file?

how does the ESE could effect such?

what about the other issue I mentioned that flight do not appear in the inbound list?

also make sure your radar definition is correct.

What do you mean by that? what radar definition I should focus on?

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

We are both talking about the same thing, once again, in your settings, you use "Simulate Radar Coverage", radars are defined in the ESE file, if they are not defined correctly, EuroScope might only have for instance primary coverage in a certain zone. Check the wiki for more information: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=ESE_Files_Description#The_Radar_Section

For the flight plan not appearing in the list, as I said, it is most likely due to the "Auto start FP track" not being checked, and so is your correlation problem. Everything is explained in the EuroScope wiki, so try to read that if you have more questions:

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Professional_Radar_Simulation

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

You set "Do not correlate duplicated". In that case even all codes are correct, and the targets are close enough they will not be correlated if anyone is using the same squawk value anywhere,

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Joel Strikovsky 1136335
Posted
Posted

OK, I tried what you guys suggested as you can see below. but yet it did not fix the issue.

I couldn't find the - Correlation distance: 50 -OR- 0 (unlimited) setting.

maybe you guys could help me where it might be.

What I did noticed is that with the two Airplanes departed today during my Control session, even though their SQ code was correct and on Mode C, while on the ground

it shows an error like depicted below. but as soon at they took off (not sure if before or after I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the Airplane, but I am sure that no matter if the Airplane was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed or not on the ground - tested it - it showed error)

the SQ Error is gone and it shows all is good.

any Idea why?

29o4w7c.jpg

2hzl5w9.jpg

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

The correlation distance is part of the general settings page, just below the selection of the radar mode (which is S-mode in your case).

In case you have problems with the correlation of squawk that not a controller issued, but the pilot itself has chosen by random, you should activate "accept pilot squawk".

About the issue with the departing traffic. It would be interesting to see the flight strip (F6) for such an aircraft while on ground. Because there you can see both what squawk is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned and what squawk is set.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Joel Strikovsky 1136335
Posted
Posted

very good point, I pressed the F6 today on a departing traffic traffic and it is the same.

the SQ error disappears as soon as he takes off, but not when on the ground even though SQ code is correct and in Mode C.

2iie39y.jpg

e9dvee.jpg

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Really seems to be a bug in the professional mode. Or a feature we aren't aware of. I pointed out another problem regarding the squawk mode earlier (viewtopic.php?f=71&t=66868), maybe you can observe the same problem, too?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Correlation works on C mode aircraft only. Stand-by ones are not correlated at all.

Even the pilot itself set C mode, you still able to ignore it. As I see from the settings page: You checked "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume aircraft on the ground STBY" and ground filter is set to 5000 ft and 50 kts. So all planes below 5000 and 50 kts are treated as on the ground and its mode is set to STBY by ES (not by the client) and no correlation in that case.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Joel Strikovsky 1136335
Posted
Posted

thanks Gergely for your answer.

so what is the Settings you think I shell set to be able and have auto correlate?

S-Mode I see also correlates traffic as I experienced.

what about the other Issue I mentioned? that planes (arrivals) even though on my radar at my Airspace are not showing up in the inbound list

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Just disable to "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume aircraft on the ground STBY" setting. Then you will get what the pilot really does.

For the arrival list you should have a sector [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to you that the planes will cross, or activate the airport for arrivals.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer