You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice recive issue

Igor Cybulski 1319826

Igor Cybulski 1319826
Posted
Posted

I can't hear anything what ATC and pilots speak. I logged succesfully, configured frequency, checked my hardware and software (my speakers works great). I also marked frequency as a PRIM and RCV VOI (and as usual it shows green headset symbol) but after all I can' hear anything.

Morover, when I click right mouse button on online controlers list, and click "listen to frequency" then I CAN hear conversation! I'm lots and confused

Why I can't listen freq as usual but on the other hand when I click "listen to freq" it works?

Any ideas how to fix it?

P.S - I'm not albo to check whether piltos can hear me, cause I'm on OBS possition.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you perhaps aren't configuring the correct voice server and/or channel name. How did you determine those details of an active controller and did you then double check your settings?

Igor Cybulski 1319826
Posted
Posted

But I got all information form PL VACC web site, and untill yesterday all had worked propperly.

I also noticed, when I "register" new freq It works, until I finish my work, disconnect and save all the settings. When I connect again then it doesnt't work.

I'm wondering to reinstall Euroscope.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

You are talking only about listening to frequencies as an observer, right?

In this case, the "listen to frequency" option by clicking on the controller callsign is the better option for you. The problem is that the actual controller might have set another voice server for his channel than it is defined in your voice server list. A frequency respectively a ATC station are not fix linked with a voice server, the voice server may be another with each controller. So if you haven't set the same voice server as the current controller, you are kind of looking for the frequency channel on the wrong voice server. This doesn't happen if you use the "listen to frequency" because then, the voice server source is determined from the controller information.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Does this "listen to frequency" option also allow the observer to monitor text communications? (That's one of the drawbacks of using VRC's "Monitor" feature - [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the P2P connection even works, you won't get any of the text comms on the frequency.)

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

What ES actually does is creating a new (temporary) voice server entry, but activates only the voice to read. But after you have used the "listen to frequency" function and you are connected to the voice channel, you can use the voice setting dialog to also activate receiving text. There will be a new entry (if the controller uses a different voice server) in the list with activated voice receiving flag, you can then also activate the text receiving flag in the same line.

So, the answer is actually yes.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS