You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Refresh rate

Matthew Moy 1288933

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I was wondering is it possible to change the refresh rate of the ground layout on Euroscope 3.2? Because it's actually at 5s and it's very strange to see an aircraft on final then 5s later in the middle of the runway, and the actual SMR is quicker in RW.

And if I can change it, how can I do it?

Thanks,

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Hi,

If i'm not wrong, the refresh rate is dictated by the FSD servers, so unless those are updated, no way to do that. I'd also like a faster refresh rate for some positions, real life SMRs in Paris CDG have a refresh rate of 0.5-1.5 seconds.

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted
Hi,

If i'm not wrong, the refresh rate is dictated by the FSD servers, so unless those are updated, no way to do that. I'd also like a faster refresh rate for some positions, real life SMRs in Paris CDG have a refresh rate of 0.5-1.5 seconds.

This is exactly why, I think five seconds are very very long for an SMR ... Manchester SMR in real world have a refresh rate of 1 second if I'm not wrong. I think it's a good idea to decrease the refresh rate for DEL, GND and Tower. Maybe decrease it to 1-2 seconds, but not less, because the server could get overloaded.

Who should I contact ?

Thanks,

Matthew M.

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

It's 4 seconds actually and... it's not going to be changed.

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png