You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Unicom xmitting when vPilot in use

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I have vPilot active and tuned to 122.8 but I am receiving FSX-generated unicom radio traffic for area airports which, aside from just being annoying, cuts out my other sounds and so I have to manually reset sounds with the Q key.

I do not have any of the FSX ATC boxes checked in the General Settings and I am running Win7-64 Pro.

I NEVER use FSX ATC so is there a way to completely disable the FSX unicom traffic?

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't think I've ever heard FSX-generated UNICOM traffic before ... interesting.

Do you have your AI traffic sliders all set to zero?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

in your FSX settings, lower the volume slider for those

edit: dont see a slider in the sound settings for ATC. dont remember which setting it was that cut them out. could just be the AI traffic settings, i eventually turned them off after they kept getting in the way lol

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted

In FSX

In SETTINGS-SOUND I have Voice Unchecked

In SETTINGS-GENERAL I have ALL Air Traffic Control boxes- Unchecked

Just tested it.. Uncheck Voice in SETTINGS-SOUND

Win7 Home Premium

FSX Acceleration

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the timely responses. I did have SETTINGS>SOUND>Voices checked. It is unchecked now.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted
I don't think I've ever heard FSX-generated UNICOM traffic before ... interesting.

Do you have your AI traffic sliders all set to zero?

I checked the sliders, airline was at 0 but GA was at 1%. I have moved that to zero as well. It occurs to me now that I had been seeing an occasional AI GA aircraft at a distance...perhaps that was due to the 1% factor and will no longer be displayed

What I found strange about the UNICOM traffic was that I thought activating VATSIM would disable any AI traffic both visual and voice.

I have also experienced at some airports that with vPilot tuned to the VATSIMK controller's ATIS frequency I will receive an FSX-generated voice ATIS instead...but I can live with that. It does not happen often and I can just de-tune the freq and read the ATIS as text on vPilot.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

AI would be changed to zero by SB4 (can't remember if that was when running as a module, or running SB4 regardless of module/external). Unfortunately, vPilot doesn't have the same functionality.

I don't have FSX up right now, but if I remember correctly:

To disable voice ATIS

In Settings > Sounds, uncheck the voice tab

To disable text ATIS scrolling

In Settings > General > Air Traffic Control, uncheck Show message log in ATC menu

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted
It occurs to me now that I had been seeing an occasional AI GA aircraft at a distance...perhaps that was due to the 1% factor and will no longer be displayed

I have all my FSX AI Aircraft set to 0, Are you sure that you're not mistaking a VATSIM DAL flight for AI?

Having the Voice in FSX unchecked should fix FSX voice coming thru.

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted
It occurs to me now that I had been seeing an occasional AI GA aircraft at a distance...perhaps that was due to the 1% factor and will no longer be displayed

I have all my FSX AI Aircraft set to 0, Are you sure that you're not mistaking a VATSIM DAL flight for AI?

Now that you mention it- the plane was zigzagging all across the sky so yes, it probably was a DAL flight (Oh No, he didn't!)

Having the Voice in FSX unchecked should fix FSX voice coming thru.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png