You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Server List/Model Matching Ruleset Download Failed

Andrew Treulich

Andrew Treulich
Posted
Posted (edited)

baQUgYp.png

Any help please? Thank you!

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It looks like, since that data is pulled from two different data sources, that your internet connection was not functioning properly at the time. Granted, it's nearly two hours later and a lot could have happened in two hours, but it's working fine for me now. Suggest trying again. If it's still a problem, suggest rebooting your router and then trying again.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andrew Treulich
Posted
Posted

Don,

Thank you for the suggestion, however, I have reset my router several times, and I set up the port forwarding several days ago. I am still having this issue. The router wouldn't "Block" the connection, no? I made sure the firewall is not interfering with the pilot client.

What is piculair is that I had this issue trying to set up FSINN, where I couldn't pull up the data servers list.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No, usually when we talk about blocking, we are referring to blocked UDP ports. I don't believe this would prevent the download of server information. I don't recall off the top of my head anyone else having this issue. One other thing I'm thinking of, though -- what antivirus program do you use, and if you temporarily disable it, will vPilot work normally (which would point toward your AV SW as the culprit)?

Don Desfosse

Andrew Treulich
Posted
Posted

I did everything that you suggested, and I am still getting the same issue unfortunately.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall?

Don Desfosse

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

have you tried to ping the server?

Andrew Treulich
Posted
Posted

I tried disabling the firewall, and I still got the same issue.

I am also getting the same 10060 connection failed error on vATIS for some reason. Euroscope and VRC work however.

And yes, the applications are exceptions on my antivirus and firewall.

The ping test was successful, so it's not an issue with that.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
have you tried to ping the server?

Which one? The three errors shown in the screenshot above actually point to a failure to reach three separate servers (suggesting that it's probably not an issue of diagnosing a connection between vPilot and just any one server). Sounds more like some sort of firewall software is still blocking vPilot.

For example, can you successfully visit the following three URLs in your web browser?

If you can, then there's nothing wrong with the connection between your computer and those servers - it's definitely something blocking vPilot itself.

Andrew Treulich
Posted
Posted

Okay, I was able to visit those websites. I will take a look at my firewall and Bitdefender tomorrow, and I will report any further feedback. Thanks.