You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Installed IVAO Models but not showing in vPilot Rule Sets

Chris Honke

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted

IVAO Rules set does not appear in vPilot Model Matching Available Rule Sets.

Per this you tube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9eIEHJy4c

The IVAO_MTL folder is in my SimObjects folder. I have also checked in %appdata% fsx config and that seems fine.

I have also read and applied the suggestions in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=67854

Thoughts please?

Cheers.

Heavy Metal Driver.

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted

Okay, understood, thanks.

Now, I suppose I am condemned for now to see dozens of "cant find the models" errors...

Heavy Metal Driver.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

there are other model sets available. there was absolutely nothing special about the IVAO set other then people found an easy way to download a bunch of models at once

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Now, I suppose I am condemned for now to see dozens of "cant find the models" errors...

Why do you say that? You should only see those errors if you have loaded model matching rules for a model set that you don't actually have installed in the sim.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted

Why do you say that? You should only see those errors if you have loaded model matching rules for a model set that you don't actually have installed in the sim.

Ah, yes, that is is what happened, thanks, understood, sir.

Heavy Metal Driver.

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted
there are other model sets available. there was absolutely nothing special about the IVAO set other then people found an easy way to download a bunch of models at once

Okay, but that is a major benefit, sir.

I have no intention of installing hundreds even thousands manually.

Heavy Metal Driver.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I certainly understand what you're saying. I did install a bunch of WOAI manually. I will say it was more like a couple dozen, certainly not hundreds or thousands manually.

That said, and knowing what I know now as opposed to what I did years ago when I installed my WOAI packages, I recognize that time is money. And should I have to do it over again, I'd likely spring the $33 USD for a package like MyTraffic 6. A package like that, or one of the others out there commercially, would give you a large number of aircraft and airlines all with just one installer to run. As much as I don't have a lot of free cash (thanks primarily to my wife and kids ), it does seem like a good investment to me. Just food for thought.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just out of curiosity, I did some searching and found a possible solution to install all WOAI in one shot. I have not tried it, so I don't know how well or poorly it work, and don't know how long it would take. I'll post the information here; if anyone tries it, please post your experience to the forums so others may learn.

Information: http://www.world-of-ai.com/forum/index.php?topic=10273.0

Program: https://github.com/alexschneider/woai-py/releases/tag/v0.1

Note that it appears that you need an AvSim account to be able to use this.

Don Desfosse

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nice find!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hrm ... I might have to write a program that will do the same thing but not require python.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Hrm ... I might have to write a program that will do the same thing but not require python.

Why reinvent the wheel? If nothing else, could try py2exe'ing it. (EDIT: Or pyinstalling'ing it, whatever the latest 'n' greatest is in the crazy Pythonic world.) (EDIT2: Actually, just saw that a compiled version was already included...)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking it would do a bit more, such as allow for selecting which packages to download, allow you to specify where to download them to, allow suspending and resuming, maybe other enhancements.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i just used it, took about an hour (comcast cable internet) to grab all 650 packages. 1.92GB in total. doesnt grab them all at once which is probably a good thing for AVSIM lol it grabs a few, downloads them, then grabs the next couple, etc..

would be good if you could sort to regions etc.. that might be beneficial for those not on high speed internet.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Thanks, E!

Don Desfosse

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted

Now given that these files take up 4 GB of space, I guess I should delete them?

Heavy Metal Driver.

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
Just out of curiosity, I did some searching and found a possible solution to install all WOAI in one shot. I have not tried it, so I don't know how well or poorly it work, and don't know how long it would take. I'll post the information here; if anyone tries it, please post your experience to the forums so others may learn.

Information: http://www.world-of-ai.com/forum/index.php?topic=10273.0

Program: https://github.com/alexschneider/woai-py/releases/tag/v0.1

Note that it appears that you need an AvSim account to be able to use this.

Really nice find Don, will be using WoAI from now on.

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted

Agreed, awesome find, will try as well and report back.

Currently have UT installed so have many skins l ready but could certainly use more.

Heavy Metal Driver.

Chris Honke
Posted
Posted

So, stupid question but here goes.

I have successfully downloaded all of the WOA with this App but where do I place them do I now need to create a model file or some such so vPilot can see them?

Heavy Metal Driver.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It's been a couple of years since I loaded my last WOAI packages (updates), but if I remember correctly, the installer will ask you which package to install, ask you to confirm the target (FS9 or FSX), and show you the current FSX path. I think it also shows you the SimObjects folder. I created another folder, called "WOAI", under my Simobjects folder, to keep all my WOAI aircraft.

So under my FSX path, it would show SimObjects\WOAI

If I remember correctly, it then offers to adjust your fsx.cfg file to include the path in the SimObjectPaths area under [Main].

Don Desfosse

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I've made a basic app which shows all the available World of AI packages in a list grouped by category and country, and lets you select which ones you want, then download the selected packages. See this thread for details and to download the app:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68666