You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Transmitting Issue

Reynaldo Rodriguez 1247706

Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, i recently did a flight on Vatsim using Vpilot and everything worked fine. After doing another flight i was trying to transmit on UNICOM 122.800, but i get this error "Not able to Transmit on Frenquency" in red. I tried to reinstall Vpilot and i still get this issue. I am using the FSX Steam Edition and the aircraft i am using is the Wilco E190. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Guest

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

What color was the "TX" and "RX" text next to the appropriate COMM radio in vPilot's window?

And just to confirm... you were attempting to transmit via text only, correct?

Posted
Posted
What color was the "TX" and "RX" text next to the appropriate COMM radio in vPilot's window?

And just to confirm... you were attempting to transmit via text only, correct?

The TX and RX are shaded in (Dark). The scare surrounding the "TX" and "RX" are highlighted or anything. Yes i am trying to transmit via text. And im also connected to the USA-E Server if you need that info.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If both radios' boxes look like this:

924c7f9425.jpg

with dark, nearly hidden "TX" and "RX" text, that means vPilot doesn't think your radios have power (e.g. avionics power isn't applied in the aircraft).

If only one radio's boxes appear with that color, that means that radio isn't active. Not all aircraft have 2 COM radios, so even if you try to use the dot commands to set COM2 as the active radio, it'll remain colored in dark text - indicating that radio isn't active.

If your active radio (COM1 in my example below) is tuned to a frequency where no controller is hosting a voice channel, the "TX" / "RX" text should appear in white:

f2616f34a0.jpg

If your active radio is then tuned to a frequency where there is a controller hosting a voice channel, the frequency will change to a cyan/blue color:

35d92c00a8.jpg

Just wanted to capture all of that visually since I'm not sure the vPilot docs do so.

Now, back to your specific issue. Was UNICOM tuned on your COM1 or COM2 radio? Did that radio look like my COM1 radio from the second image above (e.g. frequency in white text, "TX" / "RX" in white text)? Was the exact error message (minus the typo) "Not able to Transmit on Frenquency" (rather than, for example, "Not transmitting on any frequencies!")?

Posted
Posted
If both radios' boxes look like this:

924c7f9425.jpg

with dark, nearly hidden "TX" and "RX" text, that means vPilot doesn't think your radios have power (e.g. avionics power isn't applied in the aircraft).

If only one radio's boxes appear with that color, that means that radio isn't active. Not all aircraft have 2 COM radios, so even if you try to use the dot commands to set COM2 as the active radio, it'll remain colored in dark text - indicating that radio isn't active.

If your active radio (COM1 in my example below) is tuned to a frequency where no controller is hosting a voice channel, the "TX" / "RX" text should appear in white:

f2616f34a0.jpg

If your active radio is then tuned to a frequency where there is a controller hosting a voice channel, the frequency will change to a cyan/blue color:

35d92c00a8.jpg

Just wanted to capture all of that visually since I'm not sure the vPilot docs do so.

Now, back to your specific issue. Was UNICOM tuned on your COM1 or COM2 radio? Did that radio look like my COM1 radio from the second image above (e.g. frequency in white text, "TX" / "RX" in white text)? Was the exact error message (minus the typo) "Not able to Transmit on Frenquency" (rather than, for example, "Not transmitting on any frequencies!")?

I think i may have found the solution to my issue (missed to click a certain button). Thanks for the clarification and help Bradley!

• 3 months later...
Paul Tyler 1280593
Posted
Posted

Having connecting problems myself. What missed would that be?

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

I'd suspect observer mode could cause this?