You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Everyone is a Default a321

Jameil John

Jameil John
Posted
Posted

Every time I use vPilot on VATSIM I get model matching errors ( witch is very annoying and distracting when trying to communicate with ATC ) and everyone is a default a321.

Please help.

0.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

We're going to need a lot more information than that if you'd like help.

To get started, please describe what sim you are using, what AI you have installed, how you configured vPilot with respect to model matching rule sets, and what steps from the troubleshooting guide you have already tried.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jameil John
Posted
Posted

I am using Flight Simulator X.

Where do you check where the AI is installed, where is the config file for vPilot, and where can I find the troubleshooting guide?

Thank you for the help!

0.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It sounds like you haven't read the docs ... please read them carefully, at the very least the section on model matching. The errors you're getting mean you have configured vPilot model matching wrong. You have told vPilot that you have models installed that you don't actually have installed. Definitely read the docs and it'll be much more clear.

When Don asks how you have configured vPilot, he's not asking for a copy of your config file. He's asking how you've configured model matching within the vPilot settings window on the model matching tab.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The Tips and Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide is a sticky at the top of this forum. You do have to put in a little effort. Not much due to the excellent programming and product, and it's certainly not at all hard, but you do have to put in a little effort.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations