You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATCAN Page Warning

Tony Manolo 1323805

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I'm trying to sign up to VATCAN so I can do the ATC training. But when I click on the Canada Division (VATCAN) link on this page: http://www.vatsim.net/region/north-america, I get the following warning message:

"This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to vatcan.org, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue."

It doesn't do that for the other 3 divisions, only VATCAN. Does anyone know anything about this? This computer also has all my work files on it and I don't want to take the risk of getting a virus that would complicate things for me.

Cheers,

Tony Manolo

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

Hi Tony,

Thank you for noticing - It looks like the SSL Certificate for the site has expired. I will send an email off to the Webmaster and see if we can get this sorted

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Mark Smith 1119598
Posted
Posted

I might add, there is no issues and no virus. Go ahead and sign up Tony.

Mark Smith

Vatsim Supervisor

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

I have confirmation from the webmaster that this should be fixed within the next few days

Thanks!

Matthew Cianfarani
VATSIM Board of Governors

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

Just as a followup - This was fixed yesterday

Thanks!

Matthew Cianfarani