Okay, we have a situation. CTR controller (UKBV whole center) UKBV_CTR and me, UKBB_APP (dep+arr UKBB)

And we have a traffic - AUI123 that goes from SLV to BBW101, then full transition.See the picture below:

39eda584d5da.png

If CTR would like to direct to BB668 or BB665, he can do shortcut without my accept. But only for fixes BB638, BB636, BB634, BB632 and BB630 he needs my accept. WHY?

Sectors are properly defined (as you see) and BB668/665 are in my sector. Why CTR don't need my accept?

Thanks

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

From my experience, this has changed with ES V3.2 compared to 3.1d. Now, the partner for coordination has to be selected explicitly. This mean, even when the correct following controller is shown correctly to CTR (in tag or list), it has first to be reselected (changes color) and then a coordination request should be initiated. As CTR, you can see while selecting fix and/or altitude if a coordination request will be initiated. Fixes and altitudes in the dropdown will then be followed by the position id (of the controller to initiate a handoff with) in brackets.

I don't know if this change in behaviour related to the earlier version is a bug or a feature.

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Also, make sure you have requested the COPX altitude before requesting the COPX Point. If the current altitude of the aircraft is higher than the upper vertical limit of the next sector, COPX won't work

Panagiotis Konstantinidis

ACCGR11, HvACC Deputy Director

Airport Briefing | Air Traffic Overview |  Euroscope Guide | Euroscope Sector Files

Hi Bogdan

Keep calm. It will most probably be a problem with the data from the sct/ese file. As I'm not familiar with the region and airport, let me ask:

1. What STAR procedure did you define? Possible that ES has detected a STAR from BO which is incomplete.
  2. There are 2 ways to display a route, once with the expected time (what your picture shows obviously) and once with the calculated altitude. Is there a difference between?
  3. You said the AIRAC is up to date. Which files does that cover? So which files have been updated?
  4. I see also the aircraft isn't appearing in the list also show in the screenshot, where the STAR should be visible. Did you check that the airport settings have been set correctly?

Route drawing is sometimes messed up when a direct has been given before and the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing of this waypoint hasn't been registered by ES. If you cleared a direct before, drop it again.

Jonas Kuster Leader Operation - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Route drawing has nothing to do with the sector files or the sector file cycle.

Its all in the airway.txt file in your euroscope folder, this needs to be updated with data from navigraph.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the real and possible bugs

Be sure that next controller selection is three dimensional so the calculated profile is at least as important as the route itself. What is changed between 3.1d and 3.2 is that in case of direct the profile is not a straight line anymore, but a highest possible profile. Because of that the expected altitude is higher than it was before. That may cause situations like this.

Please note Jonas' second question. Use the "Toggle route prediction points draw" function. That will show the estimated altitude as well as the selected sector. You will see why ES thinks you do not need a coordination. Try adding some altitude restriction for the STAR to force the profile a bit lower.

Even so it still may be a bug ...

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Well, it seems that I wrongly remembered that you can define COPX points four yourself along the star. But that is not the way. It seems that the only thing you may do now is to define a coordination altitude as well before the point. That will change the profile calculation.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer