You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: ‘auto-.find’

Martijn Rammeloo

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

I am a TWR controller at EHAM. EHAM is a busy airfield, and especially during events, it is not unusual to have 20+ aircraft parked at their respective gates. At the moment a pilot contacts me, I sometimes have some trouble finding the plane on my scope, in particular when I also have GND duty, since the plane could be ‘anywhere’.

Of course, I can locate the plane with the .find command, but in my opinion this is a bit comebersome. Therefore, I would like to have a ‘auto-.find’ feature: whenever I click on a callsign in the (for example) departure list, a box should appear around the TAG of the plane in question for a (user configurable?) number of seconds.

I understand this option already exists in more advanced radar modes, but not in the radar mode my vACC uses for TWR and below.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rammeloo

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

So far I know, upon selecting an aircraft in any list, the tag gets a frame around to make to aircraft easier to find on the scope, and this independant from the radar mode. So this is actually the faster way than type .find and the AC name. Perhaps you can provide us a screenshot how your scope looks like and if this frame around selected aircraft is missing?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Highlighting / active frame depends largely on the custom scope, radar mode and tag setup which usually varies from vACC to vACC. However, unless a plugin that overrides the native ES functions in this regard is being used, it would be relatively simple to change this in the tag setup if needed.

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

@Jonas: here's a screenshot, me being a TWR controller. As you can see, I had selected 'KLM19B' in the departure list. Unfortunately, no 'box' around the TAG.

I must add that I selected the 'Show rectangle over ASEL' option in General Settings/TAG display options.

@Magnus: I am pretty sure there is a simple solution, but I simply can't find it after spending quite a bit of time in 'symbology settings' and the 'TAG editor'.

Kind regards,

Martijn

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

I think this is supposed to work, but bugged in this version of EuroScope, see:

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=68154

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

OK, let's wait for the next update then...

Martijn