You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and encouraged to download IVAO MTL

Julian Diamandis 926992

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I have been out of the vatsim loop, of late. But I am getting back into the swing of things.

I noticed that there is a new client called vPilot.

It looks great, however whilst installing it, and getting to the model mapping section, there seem to be no basic airline paints which you get in FSIN or sq box.

I did some' you tubing' and I came across various videos, which encouraged us to go onto a different organisations website, and instal a IVAO MTL.

So my questions are, are there 'basic' paints which help you identify a aircraft in the default models? I notice there is 'my traffic' and various downloads.

Which is the correct thing to do when flying on vatsim using vPilot. As it seems a little impolite to sign up to IVAO, pinch some downloads, just to fly somewhere else?

Julian

Edited by Guest

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

see the topic at the top of this section of the forum regarding the IVAO MTL. its not supported

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i take it back, its not pinned anymore. here ya go

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=68627

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

Ok will that seems clear enough to me. It just shows how long I've been away.

So when flying on VATSIM, which is the best model match to use, just for basic identifying of AC, do people just use the basic FSX, or is there a better defalt option which will show a VA colour?

I'm keen to look at vPilot, but I don't want to use it if 'globe travel' starts blocking the taxiway .

Julian

Mainboard:

Memory:

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

any of the other supported model sets will do. keep in mind the downloads in vpilot only provide data for the client to use the models. the models arent included, you have to do that part.

World of AI is pretty good, the vpilot developer created a downloader to get them all, otherwise you end up having to download the airline sets one by one.

keep in mind fictional VA's arent covered in the WOAI set. there is another program called VMR generator that can help with fictional airline paints being added. itll create a model set for them (as long as you have them installed)

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

I did look at World of AI, but the both links looked broken. FS and AVSIM.

It looks potentially good vPilot. But I don't really want to buy MyTraffic or any other add on yet.

I was hoping vPilot would offer less polished, but useable VA paints, purely for a identifying point of view. Obviously when you are on the ground at a busy airport, you need to take instructions from atc and be able to eye ball a AC by its airline colours.

I did get hold of the IVAO_MTL , but I don't think it installed properly. I went round in circles trying to get that to work.

You removed the matching rules anyway, so I am wasting my time anyway.

I will probably stick with FS-INN, for now anyway. My system is now old, so I don't want to spend any more money on it.

Mainboard:

Memory:

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I'm confused... does FSInn provide its own suite of models? I didn't think it did, hence why I'm confused as to why bundled models is a point of comparison between it and vPilot.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

they did provide some low res model sets for FSINN. they came in installers in 3 different packs (Airline and Cargo, Military, General Aviation).

doesnt come bundled with FSINN though, separate downloads. they are already configured to be added to the FSINN library without having to edit anything manually.

if you can get the downloads anyway, they are hosted on the apollo site Larry hosts. his sites been having issues for awhile. dont think its being maintained anymore. i probably have them backed up somewhere

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Stickied again.

I recommend WoAI, using the WoAI downloader described here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68666 Ross, the author of vPilot, also created the WoAI downloader. I use WoAI extensively, and added MyTraffic 6 which I believe has been a good investment. That said, WoAI is a great place to start and dip your toes. Once you've downloaded and installed the models you want, suggest using VMRGenerator to create a custom model matching rule set that will have only the AI you have installed on your system.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

Sorry just to re-iterate, WoAI is free? and it is downloaded from this add on that Ross has made?

I logged in using this tool, it lets you log-in using your avsim account. It seemed to download chosen airlines but I can't be sure it worked. There is even a progress bar that imply s a download has been completed. When logging into VATSIM get lots of red simconnect errors. So it is not working.

It should be easy but it isn't. How can you tell a chosen AI is installed properly?

I'm not understanding this process, I think.

What are the vmr files, what does the download look like and where should it be on my hard drive?

I open World of AI Package Downloader pick a handful of airlines. It is pointing at FSX C:\Users\Jools\Docomeents.

OK what has that just done?

OK so it seems to dump a zip in your docomeent files..

Mainboard:

Memory:

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

Where do the 'TUIfly.woai.enc' go in FSX. Do you have to manually place then somewhere?

The down-loader is creating lots of zip files?

Mainboard:

Memory:

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

Use the WoAI Installer (here) to install the packages (zip files). You can install multiple packages at the same time.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

downloading is only part of the process. follow the readme/install instructions

all Ross's program does is download them, it doesnt install them. you have to use the WOAI installer to actually install them

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

OK cool, I found it. Thank you for your help. Hopefully now vPilot might see the aircraft. I noticed you can test it in the vPilot settings.

Mainboard:

Memory: